PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Graphics

charger2
01-30-2015, 06:17 PM
I am looking for the best way to clean and protect vinyl graphics. I have a 2013 Charger Dayton R/T and the roof and hood inserts are black vinyl. I have experimented with different types of cleansers etc. and have not been able to make them look right, especially the roof panel.

Smitty4x4
01-30-2015, 06:36 PM
What products have you experimented with? A few years ago I had good results with 303 Aerospace Protectant but it gave a slight shine to the vynl. It wasn't glossy, just a little more of a matte sheen. Mine was starting to fade so I figured since it restored the color, I could live with it not being true flat black. I'm sure some of the guys here will know of a newer or better product. Knowing what you have tried and didn't like will help and do you want them to stay flat black?

Crispy
02-26-2015, 08:53 PM
After trying a few things this is what works for me.
CarPro Eraser
Optimum Polish with DA and Black Pad
Optimum GPS with DA and Red Pad
Collinite 845 wax by hand with foam applicator
Best finish I could get on vinyl installed last Sept.

charger2
02-27-2015, 02:07 AM
Thanks you for your input, I will give it a try and see what it looks like. The car looks great if I could just get the vinyl graphics to look right.

Detailing by M
02-27-2015, 11:58 AM
22ple VX1

RaviD335
03-16-2015, 02:15 AM
I currently use the Swissvax Opaque range to take care of my mperformance vinyl stickers on my 328. They have a cleaner, wax and maintaining spray.

swanicyouth
03-16-2015, 04:26 AM
What is wrong with the graphics' appearance? Usually, manufacturers make these graphics to be treated somewhat like paint. You can clean them like you would clean paint with regular soap. If there is an "issue" with their appearance now, than that is another story.

I just use any rinseless or regular wash to clean them. If they need correction, I'd recommend Optimum's lotion polishes, slower speeds, and nothing firmer than a polishing pad.

For protection, I'd stay away from anything that resembles "wax", because over time it can get caught in the edges - no matter how careful you are. Use a WOWA sealant or Prima HydroMax.

Can you show us a pic of why they don't look great?