PDA

View Full Version : Any additional attachments for the Mytee Firebird?

dpk20x
01-29-2015, 11:50 PM
Hi everyone.

I recently got a Firebird for Christmas. Overall I'm happy with the unit but must say I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't come with a triangle head.
So just wondering if there was one available elsewhere.

Also would like to get a round horse hair brush as well.

Hopefully there's something out there that's compatible with the Mytee.

dpk20x
01-30-2015, 09:02 AM
Bump

allenk4
01-30-2015, 01:02 PM
Have you contacted Mytee?

Is the Firebird a re-branded item or is it manufactured by Mytee?

Interested to find out, I have one too

dpk20x
01-30-2015, 02:45 PM
I have not contacted them.

I did however look at their website but did not see any additional parts for sale. I guess I could do a little more digging and see if someone else does the manufacturing.

Was hoping not to have to go through all that though.

I wonder how different the tips could be on the horse hair brushes? Maybe I can rig another one up to work ..

Lakeside Detail
01-30-2015, 03:31 PM
Have you tried wrapping a microfiber around the small attachment that has about 5 holes in it? I've used that, and it works pretty good. I took the clip off and just hold the microfiber by hand.

dpk20x
01-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Have you tried wrapping a microfiber around the small attachment that has about 5 holes in it? I've used that, and it works pretty good. I took the clip off and just hold the microfiber by hand.

I have not had a chance to use that yet. It looked like it would work decent on seats and headliners. Doesn't seem like you would be able to squeeze that into as tight a space as a triangle brush though.

Plus I believe the brushes on the triangle head would work better on carpet. I can't imagine the attachment you're talking about would work as well.

dpk20x
01-31-2015, 02:16 PM
Just sent an email to Mytee. We shall see ..

HI,

Not sure if this is the correct email to be using as I do not have any questions pertaining to my warranty.

I was simply interested in finding out if Mytee had any intention of making any additional attachments for the firebird steamer. The two attachments that I would be interested in seeing would be a horse hair brush (similar to the nylon brush it comes with however much more delicate), and a triangle head brush that comes standard with most other steam cleaners. I know myself and several others would certainly purchase these attachments if they were ever to become available.

Just food for thought. I have enjoyed my Firebird thus far. There have however been a few times when I really wish I had these attachments to reach for. Thanks for your consideration in the matter,

dpk20x
02-16-2015, 08:51 PM
For anyone interested .. I made my own.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-tools-accessories/89100-made-my-own-horse-hair-brush-mytee-firebird.html

Mike@ShineStruck
09-14-2015, 12:18 PM
For anyone interested .. I made my own.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-tools-accessories/89100-made-my-own-horse-hair-brush-mytee-firebird.html

Anyone kust simply buy an attachment from another brand like mccouloch?