PDA

View Full Version : what is the perfect car wash setup?

excelon
01-29-2015, 09:08 PM
I'm just starting out detailing the family cars, and maybe even my company trucks ( fleet or 20 ), and would like some recommendations of a decent car wash setup/ startup kit.

HateSwirls
01-30-2015, 07:36 AM
Hello there

I have my own detail shop, here's what I keep on hand.

Three buckets, one for car soap , one for clean water to rinse out my mitt, and one to use for my wheels and tires.
Decent car soap
APC
Nice wash mitt
Assortment of brushes
Clay bar or a Speedy prep towel along with a lube
Vacuum with attachments
Bunch of micro fiber towels
A good drying towel
Invisible Glass
Wax/sealant or any last step you like
Leather cleaner and condition
A cleaner to remove any spots on the seats and carpets
Spray bottles
Leaf blower
Trim dressing
Tire dressing
Tar and bug remover

One thing I love is my DP Cleaning Gun, sure makes things easy and faster to clean the interior but this isn't needed if on a budget, I just love that thing:)

These are just the basic things you need to get any car clean, inside and out.

I'm sure I missed something. Lol

dcjredline
01-30-2015, 10:52 AM
Cant argue with what he said.

allenk4
01-30-2015, 01:31 PM
Two different Animals

If you are going to be washing "Fleet" vehicles, I think a pressure washer is a must have

If you are just "washing" Family vehicles, your supply needs should be very minimal

Auto Detailing Facts, auto detailing Tips, How to detailing Guides, how to polish, how to wax, DIY detailing, do it yourself guides (http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html)

tedj101
01-30-2015, 01:37 PM
Two different Animals

If you are going to be washing "Fleet" vehicles, I think a pressure washer is a must have

If you are just "washing" Family vehicles, your supply needs should be very minimal

Auto Detailing Facts, auto detailing Tips, How to detailing Guides, how to polish, how to wax, DIY detailing, do it yourself guides (http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html)

+1

Audios S6
01-30-2015, 03:08 PM
Everyone here hates scratches and swirls and use of brushes for washing is strongly discouraged. That said, for a fleet of 20 vehicles washed weekly, a power washer with a foam cannon and large, long boars hair brush (like the montana brushes available here) for washing would be a huge time savings at the cost of likely adding some swirls to vehicles that probably already have them and will never be corrected.