PDA

View Full Version : Wen 944 Polisher

bigge31566
01-29-2015, 02:13 PM
I have a Wen 944 Polisher and want to know if anyone know any information on these, like the speed, it has variable speed switch

Mike Phillips
01-29-2015, 03:55 PM
I have a Wen 944 Polisher and want to know if anyone know any information on these, like the speed, it has variable speed switch

These are fairly inexpensive polisher that will tend to burn up if you push them to hard.

If memory serves me correctly most of these had a 3/8" arbor instead of the industrial standard 5/8" arbor and thus you cannot find or easily find any backing plates that will fit onto them.

If it's newer than it will have the 5/8" arbor and you can get a multitude of backing plates and pads to use with it.

It's been years, maybe decades since I seen or used a Wen Rotary Buffer.

:)

dlc95
01-29-2015, 09:50 PM
These are fairly inexpensive polisher that will tend to burn up if you push them to hard.

If memory serves me correctly most of these had a 3/8" arbor instead of the industrial standard 5/8" arbor and thus you cannot find or easily find any backing plates that will fit onto them.

If it's newer than it will have the 5/8" arbor and you can get a multitude of backing plates and pads to use with it.

It's been years, maybe decades since I seen or used a Wen Rotary Buffer.

:)

That was my first machine!

I got it from Wal mart in 1998, and gave it away in 09, because it burned up, like you said.

I plan on replacing it with a Flex pe14 though.

Anyways... I have some great memories of using and learning on that thing!

Mike Phillips
01-30-2015, 07:12 AM
That was my first machine!

I got it from Wal mart in 1998, and gave it away in 09, because it burned up, like you said.

That's my experience with one, maybe two back in the old days... I haven't see one for years now...

I plan on replacing it with a Flex pe14 though.

You'll never regret buying a Flex tool.

:dblthumb2:

Detailing by M
02-07-2015, 01:51 AM
..... a blast from the past! my advise is to get a modern machine. even the Harbor Fright is better then that thing.

dlc95
02-07-2015, 03:21 AM
That's my experience with one, maybe two back in the old days... I haven't see one for years now...

You'll never regret buying a Flex tool.

:dblthumb2:

I believe that! No regrets on my 3401. :dblthumb2: