PDA

View Full Version : Nanoskin Clay Sponge

Jersey John
01-28-2015, 10:15 PM
So I'm thinking of getting the nanoskin auto prep speedy clay sponge and was wondering if anyone had past experience, advice, or anything of that sort before I buy.
Thanks in advance
Also heres the link to the producthttp://www.autogeek.net/nanoskin-speedy-prep-sponge-combo.html
PS: Just a weekend warrior trying to speed up the process

Kamakaz1961
01-28-2015, 10:33 PM
I use the Nanoskin Blue Sponge and love it!! I no longer use traditional clay.

The Sponge is way faster and if you drop it; just wipe of clean and ready to rock. With clay you have to throw it away or inspect it and be very careful.

No more kneeding and reshaping the clay. Just spray lube and scrub with the sponge.

You are probably going to have some comments about marring and if you put plenty of lubricant on the panel, you will not have a problem.

You will reduce your clay time about 30% because of the sponge.

I have only used the Blue Sponge/Fine so I cannot comment about the Red Sponge (medium grade). If you decide to go with a sponge IMO you will like it better than clay.

I did.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-28-2015, 10:44 PM
I use the Nanoskin Blue Sponge and love it!! I no longer use traditional clay.

The Sponge is way faster and if you drop it; just wipe of clean and ready to rock. With clay you have to throw it away or inspect it and be very careful.

No more kneeding and reshaping the clay. Just spray lube and scrub with the sponge.

You are probably going to have some comments about marring and if you put plenty of lubricant on the panel, you will not have a problem.

You will reduce your clay time about 30% because of the sponge.

I have only used the Blue Sponge/Fine so I cannot comment about the Red Sponge (medium grade). If you decide to go with a sponge IMO you will like it better than clay.

I did.

Great analysis.

CaveRacing
01-28-2015, 11:26 PM
I agree with the above.

Also, I bought the combo sponge pack so I could try both. Ultimately, I'll get the mitt, but the blue sponge worked very well. I've been using Griots clay for many years but I think I'm making the change to nanoskin permanently.

I will be trying the red sponge in the next couple of weeks on a neglected car. I'll report back my findings.

builthatch
01-28-2015, 11:39 PM
i use a similar product from OPT called Opti-Eraser, both fine and aggro. though, they are much more expensive as a pair than the Nanoskin kit - that is a quite a deal for the combo imo.

the one thing that keeps bugging me with Nanoskin is that they use dark colors for their media. esp with clay, imo it's somewhat important to see what you are removing OR if there is debris on your material. bums me out but i know people deal with it.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-28-2015, 11:57 PM
i use a similar product from OPT called Opti-Eraser

This is one product optimum really flopped on, IMO. I think they're terrible.

builthatch
01-29-2015, 12:24 AM
i just realized...are the Nanoskin pieces double sides? Opti-Eraser is - that might explain the price difference.

This is one product optimum really flopped on, IMO. I think they're terrible.

you used to like them. what happened?

Loach
01-29-2015, 12:48 AM
I just recently used the Nanoskin blue and red sponges. I like them a lot better than clay. Much more ergonomic in the hand, a lot less fatigue for me. The red had more bite as advertised, used it on some small sap areas, didn't notice any marring with either.