PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions please white paint

Lb7_Katie
01-28-2015, 01:28 AM
Hey guys haven't posted in a while, recently moved and had a spare hood on my truck but in the move my hood got scratched up.

Need some suggestions on how to remove them. The whole hood is pretty scratched up.
Thank you!

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/27/80efff24ad8c0f45c9e96e93dff67e91.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EVOlved
01-28-2015, 03:09 AM
Well first we need to know what you have on hand. Like:

Do you have a polisher?

If so what polishes/compounds?

If so again what pads do you have?

If you don't have a polisher what are you waiting for?

If you don't want to get a polisher for some unknown reason we would need to know where you are located.

HateSwirls
01-28-2015, 06:20 AM
Give Meguiar's Ultimate Compound a try.
From just looking at the picture it seems they would come out using the compound, a DA and an orange pad.
Follow with a fine polish using a white pad.

We could help you more if we knew what you have on hand as said here.

allenk4
01-28-2015, 11:58 AM
Great questions EVOlved

If the OP answers those, we will have a better shot at helping him

Lb7_Katie
01-28-2015, 10:45 PM
Well first we need to know what you have on hand. Like:

Do you have a polisher?

If so what polishes/compounds?

If so again what pads do you have?

If you don't have a polisher what are you waiting for?

If you don't want to get a polisher for some unknown reason we would need to know where you are located.

Yes I have a polisher.

Gonna order some cutting pads and polishing pads.
Hoping those will do the trick.
I like 3D HD products gonna try those first then Adams.

EVOlved
01-29-2015, 02:16 AM
Yes I have a polisher.

Gonna order some cutting pads and polishing pads.
Hoping those will do the trick.
I like 3D HD products gonna try those first then Adams.

You are again being very vague it is no offense to you we are just trying to help. Well all products spoken off are not sold here. Many people here have had great experiences with the HD polishes. I have yet to try them although this spring I will be using their polish.

What pads are you looking into?

What polisher do you have?

Do you have experience with it at all yet?

And I am guessing by the one small pic it is some type of GM truck? (Typically hard paint, but you never know why you must always http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/50162-how-do-test-spot.html?highlight=Test+spot).

Lb7_Katie
01-30-2015, 12:26 AM
You are again being very vague it is no offense to you we are just trying to help. Well all products spoken off are not sold here. Many people here have had great experiences with the HD polishes. I have yet to try them although this spring I will be using their polish.

What pads are you looking into?

What polisher do you have?

Do you have experience with it at all yet?

And I am guessing by the one small pic it is some type of GM truck? (Typically hard paint, but you never know why you must always http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/50162-how-do-test-spot.html?highlight=Test+spot).

Sorry, it's a 2003 GMC Sierra
I have a dewalt polisher and a craftsman polisher.
I do have experience, I was looking at waffle polishing pads...here is a photo of the truck.
I was just wondering what everyone has had luck with, truck is fairly clean and never had issues with scratches or swirls. I've only had to buff it once. Hand polish and wax usually does the trick but with the scratches on the hood doing it by hand isn't gonna remove them.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/29/dc46b4ffef30e63e62744771e0dc5535.jpg

slicksierra
01-30-2015, 10:43 AM
When I was in high school I had polished my truck only by hand using Meg's ultimate. Made a crazy improvement and got many compliments. Then I finally ponied up and got a gg6 polisher. Holy cow. The difference between hand and machine is insane. I'm guessing the dewalt is a rotary and the craftsman is a large buffer style? In any case I'd be hard pressed not to recommend a da such as the gg6, portercable, harbor freight, shurhold etc. will change the way you detail and I'd bet would bring that white to another level

mwoolfso
01-30-2015, 02:21 PM
Well here is my suggestion in terms of main products for this vehicle based on what has been presented:

1. Do clay the paint
2. Decontaminate with IronX or Dodo Juice Ferrous Iron Remover. If you have decontaminated before you can forego this step to save $$
3. Menzerna SF4000 on the paint w/ DA and cutting pad; then follow-up with a polishing pad. Do a test spot with the polishing pad first to see if you can avoid the cutting pad
4. Sonax NetShield as the LSP. The beading is very close to Collinite 845.

I used NetShield on my white Acura and 2 months later the beading is still strong.

Lb7_Katie
01-30-2015, 02:47 PM
Thanks!

slicksierra
01-30-2015, 04:41 PM
Word on the net shield. That topped with brilliant shine Detailer and sit back and watch the water show