PDA

View Full Version : Presidential Limos

hispeed
08-22-2007, 08:22 PM
While checking out Lennon's Rolls, I wandered around the Ford museum site, and ended up at the Presidential Limos.
I was dumbstruck when I read this:
"Reagan Presidential Limousine
On March 30, 1981, Ronald Reagan took refuge in this limousine's interior to escape would-be assassin John Hinkley's gunfire. Going into service under President Nixon, it is also the car in which President Ford was riding when an attempt was made on his life. This is the last presidential limousine that will be preserved. All presidential cars are now destroyed by the Secret Service for security reasons."
Henry Ford Museum at The Henry Ford (http://www.thehenryford.org/museum/presidentiallimos/reagan.asp)
I'll buy a beer for anyone of you who can convince me that the destruction of a limo is integral to "Homeland Security". To me it is just another example of government secrecy run amuck.

AUdakota
08-22-2007, 08:42 PM
they dont want the bad guys to figure out how we rig the tack droppers, banana peelers, and oil squirters in the truncks. Can you imagine the havoc that would insue if al queda (sp?) got a hold of that sort of technology.

P1et
08-22-2007, 08:54 PM
Can you just buy me a beer? I need it!

Gary Sword
08-22-2007, 09:14 PM
I'm not sure I would want to ride in that car.

P1et, come on over I'll buy you a beer.

Reddwarf
08-22-2007, 09:30 PM
I assume that means that when they retire the car they destroy it. That is interesting. It must be to prevent people from discovering any possible vulnerabilities. I saw an interesting show about Air Force One and there were parts of the plane they could not discuss. An interesting tid bit from that show was that before the plane is flown the food is purchased from random stores so that no one can predict where the food will come from. The shoppers are in plain clothes as well.

supercharged
08-24-2007, 09:31 PM
While checking out Lennon's Rolls, I wandered around the Ford museum site, and ended up at the Presidential Limos.
I was dumbstruck when I read this:
"Reagan Presidential Limousine
On March 30, 1981, Ronald Reagan took refuge in this limousine's interior to escape would-be assassin John Hinkley's gunfire. Going into service under President Nixon, it is also the car in which President Ford was riding when an attempt was made on his life. This is the last presidential limousine that will be preserved. All presidential cars are now destroyed by the Secret Service for security reasons."
Henry Ford Museum at The Henry Ford (http://www.thehenryford.org/museum/presidentiallimos/reagan.asp)
I'll buy a beer for anyone of you who can convince me that the destruction of a limo is integral to "Homeland Security". To me it is just another example of government secrecy run amuck.
full armor, huh?

Vegas Transplant
05-08-2012, 08:01 PM
:goodpost:

Railroad
05-08-2012, 10:06 PM
I wonder where the assembly takes place.

Frenchie
05-08-2012, 10:34 PM
I wonder where the assembly takes place.

they kill off the workers that assemble them