PDA

View Full Version : Duh...

MikeC
01-25-2015, 06:00 PM
I was viewing a great review one of the members posted about a comparison of CQuartz and Opti-coat 2.0 I believe. I thought I subscribed to it but duh,I didn't. I'm not sure how old or new it was, but the gentleman lived in FLand had recently received a new company car. He wet sanded the hood to see how the products would help protect a weakened clear coat. He ran it through car washes and used Dawn soap at home. I believe he contacted one of the big shots for one of the products to explain the testing he was going to do. It was an awesome thread and I just can't seem to find it. If anyone knows the thread I'm talking about I would really appreciate any info on it. Thank you in advance.

ScottB
01-25-2015, 06:56 PM
I remember some posts from David on Opti-coat and his company car to test the durability. I believe that was on the other site, Autopia.

tuscarora dave
01-25-2015, 07:11 PM
I was viewing a great review one of the members posted about a comparison of CQuartz and Opti-coat 2.0 I believe. I thought I subscribed to it but duh,I didn't. I'm not sure how old or new it was, but the gentleman lived in FLand had recently received a new company car. He wet sanded the hood to see how the products would help protect a weakened clear coat. He ran it through car washes and used Dawn soap at home. I believe he contacted one of the big shots for one of the products to explain the testing he was going to do. It was an awesome thread and I just can't seem to find it. If anyone knows the thread I'm talking about I would really appreciate any info on it. Thank you in advance.

Is this the one you're talking about?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/22836-optimum-opti-coating-durability-test-review.html

MikeC
01-25-2015, 08:23 PM
Yes guys! This was the thread! Thanks for taking time to post the info. I appreciate it greatly. I hope to do a thread when I do my mother's car in the spring. Hasn't been washed in over a year and before that car washes only. 2010 Impala, dark blue. Looking to do the full monty.