PDA

View Full Version : How to mix foamgun solution?

Pages : [1] 2

emaxxman
06-16-2006, 10:51 AM
OK, I have the foamgun on order. My initial soap will be Meguiar's Gold Class as I have a full gallon of it at home. Meg's suggest 1 ounce for each ounce of water.

My question is, how do I mix that in foamgun. According the description, there is a 1oz/gallon setting. Do I just fill the foamgun canister with soap and the setting on the gun takes care of mixing it correctly?

Some of the other threads have alluded to mixing a soap and water solution in the canister first. If so, then would I be using a diluted ratio based on the manufacter's suggestion? To clarify, if I put 1 oz of soap and 3 oz's of water into the canister, then set the gun to 1oz/gallon, am I really get a soap to water ratio of 1oz to 4 gallons of water?

I usually use about 3 oz's of soap in a 5 gallon bucket. I probably end up with about 2- 3 gallons of water in the bucket by the time the suds overflow the top of the bucket. I cannot wait to see how the foam gun works out.

BritOn2wheels
06-16-2006, 11:44 AM
I recently purchased the foamgun from AG, and like you I had a supply of Meguiars shampoo already at home. I set the foam-gun to the 1oz per gallon dilution ratio (I think it's the left-most indent on the pin if I remember) and let the gun take care of the mixing.

I know the meguiars may not be the best shampoo in the world but I wasn't worried about wasting it as I experimented with my new toy. Must admit I was really impressed with the gun, the foam and the results of the shampoo.

I guess up till now I've not been very scientific in my measuring, just a healthy splash in the bucket then add water. I think it probably works at it's best close to the ideal dilution ratio.

Enjoy the new foam-gun and let us now how you get on please.

Neothin
06-16-2006, 02:42 PM
I just pour in 5-6 ounces of soap per gallon of solution and use the second from the left hole in the gun (the one next to the straight water hole)

Meghan
06-16-2006, 05:07 PM
Most important trick is to shake it up well before foaming the car!:)

ScottB
06-16-2006, 09:47 PM
I have found if you place the car wash liquid in first and try to fillup the canister with water, you will get lots of foam and not a good ratio of soap to water. I now use a papercup (8 ounces) of water to 1 1/2 ounces of soap. Can get the SRX done, or could do two Vettes with this ratio. Best soap to date in the gun is Poorboys Suds ...

3Dog
06-16-2006, 09:54 PM
I take a gallon jug and mix 20% shampoo and 80% water and then it is ready when I need it....one foam gun has a dial..set at C...the other has the pin set mid ways.

emaxxman
06-21-2006, 01:47 PM
OMIGOD!!!! This thing is awesome! :righton:

I got it yesterday in the mail. I quickly assembled it and put in a few ounces of cheap Coral Blue car wash. I had this stuff from when I didn't know about quality car washes (I use Gold Class now).

Now the Coral Blue doesn't really foam much in the bucket even with a strong jjet spray of water. It definitely doesn't really foam at all with the cheap $5 soap/water gun I got from Walmart.

I turned on the foam gun and holy smoke! The foam coming out of the gun had my car almost completely white. I can't imagine what the Meguiar's Gold Class will look like. I'm hoping the sun holds out long enough for me to go home today and wash the car with the Gold Class.

My kids always want to help wash the cars. I know once my kids see the foam come out of this thing, they're going to want to use it. So...maybe I'll load it up with baby shampoo and wash the kids in the shower with it. :D

Meghan
06-21-2006, 02:07 PM
OMIGOD!!!! This thing is awesome! :righton:
....My kids always want to help wash the cars. I know once my kids see the foam come out of this thing, they're going to want to use it. So...maybe I'll load it up with baby shampoo and wash the kids in the shower with it. :D
Why not line the kids up in the driveway you can get the car, kids, and any pets you have....:p

emaxxman
06-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Why not line the kids up in the driveway you can get the car, kids, and any pets you have....:p

I knew I should've ordered extra quart containers!

Meghan
06-21-2006, 02:15 PM
I knew I should've ordered extra quart containers!
:iagree: That way you can just unscrew the carwash and screw on the baby shampoo. Ohh dont forget Fido with his flea shampoo, he will definately need his own container!

supercharged
06-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Good idea, give 'em a little shower:D !

justin_murphy
06-21-2006, 05:04 PM
:iagree: That way you can just unscrew the carwash and screw on the baby shampoo. Ohh dont forget Fido with his flea shampoo, he will definately need his own container!

That is freak'n HILARIOUS!

I thought they were just for cars. My kids will love it!

LOL!!!

abrcrombe
06-21-2006, 05:12 PM
Good fun for the summer.

BritOn2wheels
06-22-2006, 06:56 AM
OK, I have the foamgun on order. My initial soap will be Meguiar's Gold Class as I have a full gallon of it at home. Meg's suggest 1 ounce for each ounce of water.

Based on the previous posts in this thread, it sounds as if you are going to have a lot of fun this Summer with your new foam gun. :)

Just a word of warning though, if you use the above referenced 1 ounce of soap for each ounce of water mixing ratio you may never see your car again under that big foamy soap bubble on your driveway. :D

Talking about driveways...."Why do you Americans park your cars on a driveway, and yet drive on a Parkway?' Haven't figured that one out yet. :confused:

emaxxman
06-22-2006, 09:37 AM
Just a word of warning though, if you use the above referenced 1 ounce of soap for each ounce of water mixing ratio you may never see your car again under that big foamy soap bubble on your driveway. :D

Hmmm...I meant to say a gallon but now that you've put the idea in my head...:p

I can get 1.25 gallons of Meguiar's gold class at Costco for ~$8. I guess I could waste $4 of it for some fun (and technically, I would still be cleaning the car.)

I was giving my son a bath last night...I saw a bottle of bubble soap in the tub...the gears in the head started turning really quick. Is bubble soap bad for the car's finish? Can't be right...it's delicate enough for kids' skin. :D