PDA

View Full Version : Gilmour Foammaster II or Griot's Garage Foam Gun?

Matt@Revive
01-22-2015, 04:46 PM
i'm looking for a foam gun for those times when i don't have access to my pressure washer to use my foam cannon. both of these guns are within $5 of eachother, i Foammaster has an adjuster, but in my experience you turn the adjuster to max and leave, so it's almost a mute point. other than the adjuster and nozzle they are nearly the same. looking for some input before i pull the trigger on on (i guess pun intended:laughing:)

VISITOR
01-22-2015, 05:22 PM
get the foam gun with the brass pin/lever (I've had mine for over 7+ years). I've never used the griots, but it looks like it only shoots out in one dilution...

Bunky
01-22-2015, 06:09 PM
Griot's does have a set dilution (you choose which of 3 dilutions you want when you assemble it). I used the middle one (the recommended one) and works ok for me but cannot adjust quickly. The weakness is the nozzle connection to the reservoir. It never feels secure.

wdmaccord
01-22-2015, 06:20 PM
i'm looking for a foam gun for those times when i don't have access to my pressure washer to use my foam cannon. both of these guns are within $5 of eachother, i Foammaster has an adjuster, but in my experience you turn the adjuster to max and leave, so it's almost a mute point. other than the adjuster and nozzle they are nearly the same. looking for some input before i pull the trigger on on (i guess pun intended:laughing:)

Go with adjustable. Not necessarily true to just set it to full open if you want a specific dilution and are adding water to the reservoir. I use middle setting ("C") with 1:3 dilution to equal 1 oz. per 1 gallon. This is helpful for those especially thick products like CGCW Red that you want to dilute in the reservoir.

Tools17
01-22-2015, 07:57 PM
I have the foam master II and it does the job.

Sicoupe
01-22-2015, 08:26 PM
get the foam gun with the brass pin/lever (I've had mine for over 7+ years). I've never used the griots, but it looks like it only shoots out in one dilution...agree:xyxthumbs: