PDA

View Full Version : Chrome wheel care

Jenb
01-22-2015, 03:15 PM
I recently bought a vehicle that has some wheels that I would never have chosen...however....was hoping for some suggestions on how to best care for them. I looked them up and they are Lexani lx-7 chrome with black inserts. Overall in pretty good shape. Some pits on one...and a couple of rust spots that are small. I live in Tennessee, so salt on the roads in the winter is not and issue (although I go to Michigan every year at Christmas and will have to be more careful about keeping them rinsed).
I had after market chrome rims before and they rotted out and my tires would no longer keep air-I'm sure partly due to me not taking great care of them.
Any suggestions would be appreciated....not opposed to spending money on good products.
Thanks

01-22-2015, 03:46 PM
I'd coat them with a wheel coating - DP, PBL, or Cquartz UK. Or another great product is CarPro Hydro2, probably the easiest to apply. One other thing to keep in mind is brake dust - chromes enemy...

Jenb
01-22-2015, 08:41 PM
I have some CG jetseal 109....... Do you think the CarPro Hydro2 is better protection...defenately easier application

01-22-2015, 08:49 PM
I actually tried jetseal myself but it didn't seem to last that long. Yes believe Hydro2 will give longer protection...

ScottB
01-22-2015, 08:57 PM
1. Griots Chrome Wheel Cleaner
2. Chrome Polish as needed (optional)
3. Gtechnics Wheel Armor