PDA

View Full Version : Are lube and pad conditioner the same thing?

cartman1
01-21-2015, 02:50 PM
I was about to purchase a pad conditioner solution on amazon and clicked on the CG pad conditioner. Someone on the feedback said CG luber and the pad conditioner were the same solution.

I definitely need a pad conditioner but if I already have the luber so it would be awesome if I could get dual use out of it.

Kamakaz1961
01-21-2015, 03:00 PM
Pad conditioner or Pad Cleaner? I will spritz the pad with a QD occasionally to keep the pad from being too dry and causing Polish dust.

So if it is for conditioning the Pad then IMO any QD will work. I use Aquawax to spritz my Pads when the compound starts getting too dry and too much dust.

Additionally, I will spritz and correct without adding more compound too. The remaining compound on your Pad is sufficient to do a couple of passes if you have used the Pads for a while.

I would guess CG Luber would be fine for conditioning. I do not know too much about CG Luber...If it is a QD or clay lube then I would see no issues.

All you are doing is to get the pad damp enough to where you reduce compound dust when you are polishing. You are also utilizing the compound/polish on your pad to do more correcting. You do not necessarily have to constantly put on compound/polish on your pad. The QD/Lube reduces compound/polish clumping or saturation.

You could also compound/polish with the spritz. All it takes is a little practice and you start getting an idea of how much you can stretch with that technique.

As for Pad cleaning that is a different product.

cartman1
01-21-2015, 03:20 PM
Really helpful! I was asking about pad conditioner not about pad cleaner.

The CG luber I have is a clay lube so everything should work fine. Thanks!

Kamakaz1961
01-21-2015, 05:13 PM
Really helpful! I was asking about pad conditioner not about pad cleaner.

The CG luber I have is a clay lube so everything should work fine. Thanks!

Way cool to know I was able to help!! :xyxthumbs:

He Hate Me
01-22-2015, 02:20 PM
I know this is going to sound weird but the CG Luber and CG Pad Conditioner also smell very similar and of course look the same. So there might be some of the same ingredients.

In the end, I didn't end up using much of the CG Pad Conditioner as I wasn't noticing any difference if your not overworking the product and cleaning the pad when intended. Pad Conditioner kind of feels like a gimmick to me.

cartman1
01-22-2015, 02:30 PM
I already have the luber so at least I didn't purchase the pad conditioner. I could definitely see some products being a gimmick. I'm pretty sure luber is an easy mix of chemical most detailers already have on hand but yet they charge $10 for 16oz.

choijw2
01-13-2017, 04:17 PM
Bump.

I got 128oz pad conditioner, but I usually spray clay lube and "conditioner"

can I use P.C as clay lube as well?

KirkH
01-13-2017, 05:45 PM
I would think that if it is good enough to use to lubricate a pad, it is good enough to lube clay.

Many of these products are just different dilutions of the same base. Optimum No Rinse can be used as waterless, rinseless, QD, clay lube and I even saw someone post that they wipe down interiors with it.

FUNX650
01-13-2017, 06:00 PM
@OP...Just a thought:

Have you ever considered
priming-the-pads...with the
compounds/polishes that you
are going to be using...in order
to "condition" them?

That'd be saving all the "lube"
for the claying sessions.

Bob

DBAILEY
01-14-2017, 03:39 AM
A light spritz of distilled H2O will do the same thing. And probably would have less of an impact of the polish performance too. AW seems like a bad idea to me

Mad Wax
01-14-2017, 11:41 AM
CG clay luber and pad conditioner look and smell exactly the same, just in different bottles. This is just one of many reasons why I don't buy there products. I just don't trust them, and with all there shady marketing techniques, I'd rather spend my hard earned money on a different brand.

KirkH
01-14-2017, 11:58 AM
Almost all the companies have one base fluid and the rest are dilutions of that same base.
I've heard others post about "shady marketing." Please explain. They make a lot of free instructional videos and their prices are about the same as everyone else. What is the shady part?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)