PDA

View Full Version : Please advise on this plan.

MaakoF
01-21-2015, 02:08 AM
Good day.

So next month, if budget is right my dad is gonna get me a new car and plan on selling off an older car we have. My plan is to do a detail on the new one then detail the older one before it is sold off to atleast get the buyer to be happy about the sale since it has a swirls and scratches on them

Currently I have the following stuff.
A bunch of MF towels
bunch of 6.5 CCS pads for the B&D polisher my dad lends me.
DP clay kit
Mothers clay kit (1 bar left)
megs M105/M205
Megs Scratch X2.0
ONR
Klasse AIO and KSG
Collinite 845
Armor all interior protecant
And some Local stuff such as:
Microtex Nanogloss wax
Microtex Nanofil
Microtex Nanosil
and some microtex interior stuff which works
and some generic All in on cleaner

what i am thinking of getting next month:
1) GG6
2) 5 " flat pads w/ backing plate
3) 3" flat pads w/ bp
4) polishing pal with pads
5) Megs uber compound
6) more MF towels
7) XMT final finish spray
8) Optimum cleaner and protectant

so im.asking if do i need more or am i getting alot? budget isnt that big though. Do i need another polish such as the CG Nano polish?

any help would be appreciated.

SameGuy
01-21-2015, 02:30 AM
Skip the Polishin' Pal and associated pads, the Ultimate Compound and the Optimum stuff. The ArmorAll stuff is fine for the sold car, but for the keeper you should get Hyper Dressing (best bang for the buck). Also get the Turtle Wax Endurance tire and trim kits mentioned in other threads. The GG will be a great polisher and will last a long time. I like LC flat pads just fine, or you could try the HydroTechs. As far as towels, it's the same as pads: you can never have too many. Invest in decent Cobras (or similar from elsewhere). With proper care, high quality MFs should also last a long, long time. My purple Cobras (super plush?) have been through dozens if not hundreds of wash and dry cycles and still perform like new. But you should always have about a half dozen clean buffing MFs available for each step, just to be safe. You could get away with less, though if you're not too AR.

MaakoF
01-21-2015, 03:13 AM
so i cn skip the polshin' pal. can i get though the pinnacle all in on cleaner? hyperdressing though is heavy to ship? but is it worth it?