PDA

View Full Version : Where do you detail? For condo and apt residents

cartman1
01-20-2015, 08:27 PM
So I live in a condo....can't wait to get a house! But anyways, I'm sure some members here live in condos and apartments and your car is parked somewhere not private, aka a garage or driveway.

Sure you could do some things like waterless washes, clean windows, dress trim, etc. in the parking lot but where do you guys go to do the heavy stuff like paint correction, or applying sealant and wax?

TuxedoTaurus
01-20-2015, 08:48 PM
I have a nice coin op down the street. I go there so much the employee knows me by name. He always ask for help and tips(I have encouraged him to come here).

I fill up my buckets with warm water and throw everything in my trunk.

They have some power outlets near the bays, and the worker has no problem with me using them (I guess since I spend so much there). I use a small 3 gal air compressor to blow out all crevices, and sometimes apply Opti-Bond with it. I have even polished with my da and regularly apply wax. I still use their vac system even though I have a small shop vac. I don't want to push it.

OR

I take everything to the in-laws to use their pressure washer and carport.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
01-20-2015, 09:09 PM
Waterless/rinseless wash will be your best friend. Since you live there, look into a spray sealant like CarPro Relaod. Way easier than waxing and adds gloss and great protection. Go to the coin op when needed to clean wheels and wheel wells when bad then do a rinseless or waterless wash.

dlc95
01-20-2015, 10:19 PM
My gf is in apartment. Weather permitting, I maintain it in the parking lot.

When it's time to machine polish, I take it to my house.