PDA

View Full Version : Surf City Review-05 GTO

Pages : [1] 2

greg'sgoat
08-21-2007, 09:25 PM
I got a sample of some Surf City Garage products, and did my car up in them this weekend and took some pictures at work.

Process:
wash
Duragloss 901 with LC Utli-Mitt

Strip
Pinnacle Paintwork cleanse lotion

I then followed this up with the Nano Shine Glaze. I didn't top it with anything since this glaze is a polymere glaze, so it is almost like a sealant/glaze all in one (or at least that is what I got out of it).

It went on and came off easy, I used a cobra Indigo to remove. I added lots of depth to my black paint and didn't harm the metallic by muting it. I really like the looks of this.

I went on to my aluminum exhaust tips with Absolutly Aluminum Perfect polish. I liked how this cleaned up my bare tips. My car runs rich (conservative) from the tune for the Heads and Cam, so this causes a lot of soot to collect on the tips. They get dirtier faster than the wheels. This did clean them well, but I did not like the consistancy of the polish. It has the consistancy of water, so my applicator and towel soaked it up very fast causing me to use a lot of product. Other than that, it works fine.

Dimond Edge Wheel Dressing came out next. I liked this product. Reminded me a lot of DP wheel glaze. I will have to report back on the durability of it though.

Dash Away quick Interior Spray worked much like DP Total Interior cleaner. A good product. I didn't really have a dirty dash, but I let it accumulate some extra dust for my test. I don't have any pictures because my camera died out on me after the exterior.

Over all, I like the SurfCity Line a will be picking up some more.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34/gregrochefort/DSC00605.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34/gregrochefort/DSC00608.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34/gregrochefort/DSC00602.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34/gregrochefort/DSC00587.jpg

quantim0
08-21-2007, 09:45 PM
So did the glaze cover up the sweet holograms?

I will agree with Greg that the metal polish consistancy is way to liquidy. It's almost like water and I can see where a lot of it gets lost in the applicator.

dontsleeponit
08-21-2007, 10:04 PM
greg that last hood shot is incredible! looks like a mirror

purplenurple
08-21-2007, 10:05 PM
The goat looks good, and nice review.
Is the wheel sealant as big of a pain to use on the stock gto 17s as DP wheel glaze?

edit- wow, all gto owners in here....

dontsleeponit
08-21-2007, 10:09 PM
edit- wow, all gto owners in here....

lmao we're taking over

07ImpalaSS
08-22-2007, 12:03 AM
Nice. Thanks for the review.

klumzypinoy
08-22-2007, 12:30 AM
Looking good :D. Does Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion leave any oils that will make sealants have bonding issues? Thanks for the review!

Mike T
08-22-2007, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the review. Looks sweet, I love those cars.
Are those smudges on the hood in the first picture? Towards the middle?

pirex
08-22-2007, 07:57 AM
Looks great! I would love to try the surf city line

trlblazer3
08-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Wow that paint looks amazing. Looks like Surf City has become a pretty solid addition to AG! The last shot is awesome!

Meghan
08-22-2007, 09:06 AM
Nice review, thank you.

greg'sgoat
08-22-2007, 09:34 AM
So did the glaze cover up the sweet holograms?

I will agree with Greg that the metal polish consistancy is way to liquidy. It's almost like water and I can see where a lot of it gets lost in the applicator.

After I stripped it all down, there were no more holograms. I did it all out in full sun. I honstly think it was the dirt from the gun store parking lot and the fact the car hadn't been washed in 2 weeks. I don't know, it was wierd.

greg'sgoat
08-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the review. Looks sweet, I love those cars.
Are those smudges on the hood in the first picture? Towards the middle?

Those are clouds and a con trail from the some jets (live close to the space center and an airforce base). They look a little distorted because that is where the hood raises up for the hood scoops.

greg'sgoat
08-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Looking good :D. Does Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion leave any oils that will make sealants have bonding issues? Thanks for the review!

I didn't have any issues with it. I know some have though. It seems like a hit and miss.

The wheel sealant wasn't any easier on the stock 17's than the DP. The nooks in these wheels drive me insane.

Thanks all for the compliments.

ecetim
08-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Lookin' good, but you know they say black is the slowest color...

:cheers: