PDA

View Full Version : Confused about Blackfire Sealants

ghermes
01-18-2015, 06:17 AM
I have a new 2015 Corvette (Torch Red). I plan to go over the paint with a Griot's Orbital Polisher, using Blackfire Total Polish and Seal. After that I was planning to use Blackfire Crystal Seal and BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection. Is there a need/use for both. I was going to use Crystal Seal first then apply the Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection. Is that the proper order or should I apply the Wet Diamond first and then the Crystal Seal?

mg6045
01-18-2015, 07:49 AM
I dont think both are necessary to use at once., but if you will, I believe you will want to use the Wet Diamong AFPP first. let that cure overnight, then top it with the crystal seal.

The crystal seal, IMO, is more of a top up product to help maintain previous protection. It can be used by itself, but its claim to fame is ease of use/durability.

Rod73
01-18-2015, 08:01 AM
I have a new 2015 Corvette (Torch Red). I plan to go over the paint with a Griot's Orbital Polisher, using Blackfire Total Polish and Seal. After that I was planning to use Blackfire Crystal Seal and BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection. Is there a need/use for both. I was going to use Crystal Seal first then apply the Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection. Is that the proper order or should I apply the Wet Diamond first and then the Crystal Seal?
I personally would just start out with polish and seal and then use Crystal Seal over it. Then maybe once every 3 washes or once every 2 months hit it with Crystal Seal again.

All 3 I believe are Sealants so after the all in one it's really not that big of a deal. It's a given you got to start with the polish and seal one because you have to polish 1st. If you are getting all 3 I would follow up with Wet Diamond because the polish and seal is not a dedicated product I doubt it will give the longevity of the brand's Wet Diamond or maybe even quite the strength. And then 3rd would be Crystal Seal which if already applying the two would probably just use as a touch after every other wash being a spray sealant the weakest of the 3 I'm assuming.

That being said I just purchased some Crystal Seal lol and heard great things about it. Blackfire in general makes good products. I think all 3 products have there place. I got the Crystal Seal primarily for door jambs and to have a spray sealant in my collection.

These were just my recommendations from someone who still considers himself a newbie.

Ebg18t
01-18-2015, 09:17 AM
Before you go and buy a bunch of stuff do some additional reading. You may find that another product might work better on your vette to eliminate the marks and then even look at topping with a coating. I don't have any Vette experience, but I know some folks here do. IE, Bob..

If I didn't already have a shelf full of stuff I like I would be looking at the Pinnacle Black Label products.

PA DETAILER
01-18-2015, 10:20 AM
Agree. I would do P & S then CS. CS really is a amazing product. Not talked about much anymore, but outstanding product.

EVOlved
01-18-2015, 10:48 AM
Before you go and buy a bunch of stuff do some additional reading. You may find that another product might work better on your vette to eliminate the marks and then even look at topping with a coating. I don't have any Vette experience, but I know some folks here do. IE, Bob..

If I didn't already have a shelf full of stuff I like I would be looking at the Pinnacle Black Label products.

:iagree: that he should be looking into a dedicated polish at the very least, vette's typically have somewhat hard clear coats. That said an AIO product like TPNS will only correct minimally odds are. That said will it make an improvement sure, if it's your first time using a DA could be a great learning experience. But next time step it up a notch and then just finish off with the AFPP (if it's already on hand) or a coating like the previous poster mentioned if you need to purchase a new LSP either way.

wdmaccord
01-18-2015, 12:12 PM
I would also recommend a dedicated polish instead of TP&S. It won't do much of anything on hard clear coats except lay down an initial layer of wet diamond polymers (little to no correction).

Something like PF2500 followed by BFWD and topped with CS would likely bring good results (unless the paint's really bad, then you might want a 2-step combo of M105/205 or FG400/SF4000).

As others have mentioned, CS should be your last step. 12-24 hours after WD apply 2 coats of CS 1-2 hours apart.

Rod73
01-18-2015, 04:43 PM
:iagree:

Lots of great information