PDA

View Full Version : Different pads when testing pad/polish combos?

Hokie335i
01-16-2015, 05:02 PM
Hey guys,
When I am doing test spots and trying different combinations of pads/polish I always switch to a new pad when I try a new polish. Got my thinking though that if I try 3 different combinations, I am needing to wash 3 pads. Is this necessary?

Do you all switch pads when trying different polishes or do you use the same pad for all of your combinations then continue using it once you settle on a polish?

EVOlved
01-16-2015, 05:21 PM
I always use a different pad, how are you going to tell if the polish is really more effective if you still have leftover polish on the pad from your first test spot. Now once you find what works should you continue with that pad? Of course!

Hope that helps. Only other thing would be to actually fully clean and dry the pad before trying the next solution, but that would take too much time.

RaskyR1
01-16-2015, 06:10 PM
Definitely! :xyxthumbs:

Hokie335i
01-16-2015, 10:57 PM
Yeah thanks for backing up my thoughts guys. I thought it was the best thing to do but just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing extra work if it wasn't necessary.

builthatch
01-16-2015, 11:09 PM
the only time i don't switch is if i'm trying something out and i want to keep the same level of pad but change the chemical to a more aggro compound. i feel it really depends on if the chemicals are meant to be ultra flexible and pad dependent.

i use OPT hyper polish and compound - polish can cut pretty well, depending on the pad, compound can finish pretty well, depending on the pad. so if i'm diving into something and polish doesn't quite seem to be doing it with that pad, then i'll just try compound on that same pad and if that works, continue from there.