PDA

View Full Version : Gtechniq P1 Polish

Jersey John
01-15-2015, 09:09 PM
I don't know if anyone has used this polish before, but once it gets warmer I was going to use it with a DA and was wondering if I should use foam or wool pads as I have found mixed ideas on other forums.
:buffing:

Rsurfer
01-15-2015, 11:44 PM
I don't know if anyone has used this polish before, but once it gets warmer I was going to use it with a DA and was wondering if I should use foam or wool pads as I have found mixed ideas on other forums.
:buffing:

P1 is pad dependent meaning the more aggressive the pad, the more cut P1 will have. Keep a spray bottle handy to reactivate P1 when it dries out. Never used it on a wool pad with a DA, but foam pads work well. Microfiber pads should also do well with P1.

Lowejackson
01-16-2015, 06:40 AM
As above, the amount of cut can be changed by using different pads. I have used P1 with a range of pads and my view is it worked best for me with a wool pad (on a rotary). If you fancy P1 then a small water filled spray bottle will help a lot. P1 can be a bit messy as it will splatter but as it is a water based polish it is very easy to clean

Not sure if you have seen this old thread from Detailing World but you may find it helpful Non-Diminishing Abrasives Test - Meguiars vs. GTechniq - Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=222286)

Jersey John
01-16-2015, 09:17 AM
Thanks for all the help