PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: CarPro FlyBy Forte - 4 month follow up

Dr_Pain
01-15-2015, 02:27 PM
About 4 months ago I was part of the Beta Testing for FlyBy Forte and did do an extensive review of it on the CarPro Forum, since at the time it was a "Pro Only" product. Since then it was made available to the public, but not much has been reported on it.

The truck is daily driven and maintained by me (averaging a detail every 3 weeks +/-). I normally wash with CarPro Reset but also use ONR at times. Since the install there has been no claying, no chemical decon etc... and the truck did see the end of Lovebug season and a full sugarcane grinding season. To say that I am impressed with the product is an understatement. I've used other windshield coatings in the past and you normally see noticeable deterioration of the hydrophobic qualities over the months following application but not with Forte!! I could bore you with an overly long post so let me just post the video as "a picture is worth a thousand words".

The video was taken on my way to work this morning. It starts from a stop (when water was beading on the glass) and the truck reached a 40 mph cruising speed. I RARELY use my wipers, but when I do I have yet to have issues of wiper chatter etc... Wipers are most often needed at low speed or with fine misting rain/fog, where not enough water is accumulating on the windshield to launch. The conditions for this video can be described as light moderate rain at less than 40 mphs :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24WvsbefYlE

JHL88
01-15-2015, 02:32 PM
Awesome, thanks for the vid Pain. I have some Forte in my detailing closet awaiting to replace my DP glass coating on my truck when it gets warmer. Im excited for this.

How would you rate the ease of application & removal for this?

SameGuy
01-15-2015, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the update, Claude! I too have Forte for my car when I get a round tuit. The FlyBy30 on the wife's Accord is holding up reasonably well in our extreme conditions. So far this winter we've seen snow, rain, mist, sleet and a minor ice storm (10 mm of ice) and had to endure huge temperature swings from 0°F in early December up into the 50s for the holidays then back below 0° for the last couple of weeks until it hit 15° today. Needless to say that means the city has gone from sand to salt to sand to stone dust and back to salt today. No wiper chatter or smearing after six weeks of commuting 25 miles each way, but the beading in the unswept area is affected by the dirt. D114 takes the crud right off, though, something I never saw with Aquapel or various OTC treatments.

My car will get Forte when things warm up a bit, enough for me to polish the glass outdoors, and the Accord will get it in the Spring.

Merci encore!

Dr_Pain
01-15-2015, 03:25 PM
Awesome, thanks for the vid Pain. I have some Forte in my detailing closet awaiting to replace my DP glass coating on my truck when it gets warmer. Im excited for this.

How would you rate the ease of application & removal for this?

If you read my review of it you will see that it is soooooo easy that it was almost frustrating. I did not post the review here but did start a thread here on the subject. I did become one of the biggest advocate to the fact that this needed to be a consumer available product because it was that easy. Note to you guys, I ended up using more product than I needed because it was that easy and I could not convince myself that I had put enough :)

Dr_Pain
01-15-2015, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the update, Claude! I too have Forte for my car when I get a round tuit. The FlyBy30 on the wife's Accord is holding up reasonably well in our extreme conditions. So far this winter we've seen snow, rain, mist, sleet and a minor ice storm (10 mm of ice) and had to endure huge temperature swings from 0°F in early December up into the 50s for the holidays then back below 0° for the last couple of weeks until it hit 15° today. Needless to say that means the city has gone from sand to salt to sand to stone dust and back to salt today. No wiper chatter or smearing after six weeks of commuting 25 miles each way, but the beading in the unswept area is affected by the dirt. D114 takes the crud right off, though, something I never saw with Aquapel or various OTC treatments.

My car will get Forte when things warm up a bit, enough for me to polish the glass outdoors, and the Accord will get it in the Spring.

Merci encore!

If you have experience with FlyBy30, then expect similar (slightly better) results but lasting MUCH longer. I am sure you won't be dissapointed :)

En passant, Il n'y a pas de quoi!:xyxthumbs:

kleenmachine
01-17-2015, 04:25 AM
Looking good
Only problem is your steering wheel is on the wrong side of the, car ;-)

CarolinasFinestDetailing
01-17-2015, 08:59 AM
Great to hear Claude. I need to let me van sit out in the snow one night and do a video on how easy it is to remove snow amd ice.

Dr_Pain
01-19-2015, 12:03 PM
Looking good
Only problem is your steering wheel is on the wrong side of the, car ;-)

HAHA!!! Let me see if I can flip the video around for you ;)

Great to hear Claude. I need to let me van sit out in the snow one night and do a video on how easy it is to remove snow amd ice.

Definitely a test I can't do down here :Picture:

haris300
01-22-2015, 04:18 AM
Thanks for keeping us updated. Looking really good for 4 months. Hell, it beads up as if it was coated 4 days ago :)