PDA

View Full Version : Door jams

frankprozzoly
01-15-2015, 01:27 PM
I clean here as best I can but how do you clean these areas that are almost impossible to reach. This area gets a little dirty from this winter crap

allenk4
01-15-2015, 01:38 PM
Spray w APC or Degreaser

Powerwasher rinse

Wheel Woolies and/or Speedmaster Brush with car wash soap

Burns ST
01-15-2015, 01:49 PM
I like to get a MF towel that I wont mind loosing (it'll probably get to soiled to want to use again), get it soapy and wash all the debris off, then take another clean one, wrap it around a hose and just let the water rinse away the soap. That way you wont spray your interior with water.

builthatch
01-15-2015, 01:53 PM
Spray w APC or Degreaser

Powerwasher rinse

yup if it's really bad 3:1 OPC and mini Daytona or smaller woolies. on cleaner cars i can use just ONR in a spray bottle and agitate, then rinse with water in a spray bottle and blow out.

1" wide lug brush can help a lot too if the bristles are long like the ones i've used.

Audios S6
01-15-2015, 03:05 PM
Spray w APC or Degreaser

Powerwasher rinse

Yup, also:

MF towel wrapped around a dowel or chopstick
Tornador
Steam

Dr_Pain
01-15-2015, 03:34 PM
I use:
1) Tornador with APC and a boar's hair 1" lug brush
2) Powerwash
3) Hydro2
4) Powerwash
5) Dry

MarkD51
01-15-2015, 04:28 PM
A soft natural bristle 1" or 1-1/2" wide Paintbrush works well too, to agitate the APC before rinsing.

SameGuy
01-15-2015, 04:51 PM
Those all work well on normal dirt and grime. Dirt and grime mixed with oil, grease or rust-deterrent spray? All bets are off. I've thrown away bunches of cotton terry or Tshirt schmattas or cheap (Kirkland) MFs dealing with that crud.

builthatch
01-15-2015, 05:01 PM
Those all work well on normal dirt and grime. Dirt and grime mixed with oil, grease or rust-deterrent spray? All bets are off. I've thrown away bunches of cotton terry or Tshirt schmattas or cheap (Kirkland) MFs dealing with that crud.

i'd put full strength OPC and agitation...and time...against almost anything that isn't permanent lol

plus steam if you have the means.

SameGuy
01-15-2015, 06:30 PM
I hear ya but I put five hours into a Corolla engine bay and I was still not satisfied. I used Meg's Super Degreaser as well as APC+, brushes, rags, agitation and a 2200 psi power washer. Rust-Check and the like are way more tenacious than can be easily removed by consumer products like OPC and APC+. The only thing I didn't try is steam, but I now have that option in my bag of tricks and will give it a go next time I encounter rustproofing goo.

builthatch
01-15-2015, 06:39 PM
I hear ya but I put five hours into a Corolla engine bay and I was still not satisfied. I used Meg's Super Degreaser as well as APC+, brushes, rags, agitation and a 2200 psi power washer. Rust-Check and the like are way more tenacious than can be easily removed by consumer products like OPC and APC+. The only thing I didn't try is steam, but I now have that option in my bag of tricks and will give it a go next time I encounter rustproofing goo.

oh yeah engine bay can be a other can of worms lol

cardaddy
01-15-2015, 08:11 PM
Yep, cleaners, brushes, sticks, towels, rags, steam, etc. will all do a jam up job cleaning door jambs. :dblthumb2:

brondondolon
01-15-2015, 08:21 PM
A soft natural bristle 1" or 1-1/2" wide Paintbrush works well too, to agitate the APC before rinsing.

Exactly what i do

lawrenceSA
01-16-2015, 01:49 AM
Spray APC via a foaming trigger head
Let it dwell a bit
Agitate with boars hair brush or Daytona Jnr
HP rinse (I usually throw a drying towel on the edge of the seat to catch any potential over-spray)
Dry
Autofinesse Tripple by hand with a MF applicator

SameGuy
01-16-2015, 01:55 AM
I like Claude's idea of using Hydro2 on jambs. I honestly didn't think to try it there and it's a no-brainer. Guess that means I have no brain.