PDA

View Full Version : Who heard the BOOMS

Pages : [1] 2

Mike T
08-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Im the MAN Endeavour touched down safely Im the MAN
I didn't hear the sonic boom, but my wife did from our house.

Meghan
08-21-2007, 12:23 PM
It shock our bay doors, wasnt sure what it was until you posted!

Jimmie
08-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Used to hear them many times on the west coast (Edwards AFB landing). It was always a double sonic boom.........BOOM-BOOM.

Surfer
08-21-2007, 12:46 PM
When did the shuttle land? B/C just earlier I was at my house and heard "boom" like something smacked the side of the house, didn't know what the f' happened and I'm down here in Boca lol.

Mike T
08-21-2007, 12:48 PM
It shock our bay doors, wasnt sure what it was until you posted!
I'm sure it was louder where you are. It took my wife by surprise too.

bossboy
08-21-2007, 01:02 PM
all is quiet in nova scotia :) hehe

Meghan
08-21-2007, 01:51 PM
When did the shuttle land? B/C just earlier I was at my house and heard "boom" like something smacked the side of the house, didn't know what the f' happened and I'm down here in Boca lol.
Too funny I did not know what it was either, thought someone ran into one of our bay doors!

cusepack
08-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Yes, I heard it too. Had just started my lawnmower and heard the huge boom and thought, "OMG, this thing's gonna blow." Thankfully, a neighbor alerted me to the "real" reason for the big boom!!

dengood1
08-21-2007, 04:28 PM
sounds like someone shooting a high powered rifle nearby when it happens. Used to get them all the time right across the state from Kennedy Space Center, but it seems to come in from Naples, Ft. Myers area now.

budman3
08-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Yeah... didn't hear anything here in New Hampshire :). I did, however, see the shuttle / space station a few nights ago along with many meteor showers.

I have heard the sonic boom-boom before in Florida about a few years ago while on a sand bar on the west coast in FL. Very cool. Glad they made it home safely

Surfer
08-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Too funny I did not know what it was either, thought someone ran into one of our bay doors!Ha lol, thats exactly what it sounded like, was like somebody ran full speed into my garage or a tree hit the house. I was in the computer room and actually jumped lol, went outside and nobody was there, was like ###?!?!. Damn shuttle must have come directly over us b/c it was LOUD.

Meghan
08-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Ha lol, thats exactly what it sounded like, was like somebody ran full speed into my garage or a tree hit the house. I was in the computer room and actually jumped lol, went outside and nobody was there, was like ###?!?!. Damn shuttle must have come directly over us b/c it was LOUD.
Too funny!:p All of us at work did the same thing.

Pauly6401
08-21-2007, 05:28 PM
I live in Melbourne and the last time the shuttle landed it sounded like a dumpster dropped on the roof of my house. My dog and I both jumped at the same time. It only takes me about 30 minutes to drive to Kennedy Space Center, so it's pretty close. I've watched the last two shuttle launches from my backyard :))

Meghan
08-21-2007, 05:30 PM
I live in Melbourne and the last time the shuttle landed it sounded like a dumpster dropped on the roof of my house. My dog and I both jumped at the same time. It only takes me about 30 minutes to drive to Kennedy Space Center, so it's pretty close. I've watched the last two shuttle launches from my backyard :))
Well at least we all know where to go to watch the next lift off!:p Im the MAN

Pauly6401
08-21-2007, 05:47 PM
You guys are all more than welcome to pop by. I might put you to work cleaning the Vette, though ;)

Night launches are amazing, by the way!