PDA

View Full Version : Simple maybe but scientific to me.

DogRescuer
01-15-2015, 08:45 AM
Ok guys no laughing. Can someone explain to me why when Im doing a rrinseless wash at say 40 degrees or less it is taking forever for me to dry a panel? Its like I have to go over like 10x to get it dry, is there some science invoved?

Thanks in advance.

top189h
01-15-2015, 08:51 AM
I can't give you a good scientific reason other than I believe the rinseless washes are designed not to evaporate quickly when it's used on a warm panel, and at 40 degrees, the metal panels are probably much colder, which really just keeps anything from evaporating at all.

wdmaccord
01-15-2015, 09:09 AM
What process do you use? Have you tried a damp dry MF between washing the panel and final dry? The damp dry towel removes most of the solution and you just wring it out before the next panel.

FUNX650
01-15-2015, 09:55 AM
it is taking forever for me to dry a panel?
Its like I have to go over like 10x to get it dry
You could try an experiment, such as:

1.) Time how long it takes for the rinseless-wash solution to dry
on its own accord---no wiping/buffing---on a cold panel.
2.) Time how long it takes for it to dry using the same
no wiping/buffing technique on a warmed panel.

Can someone explain to me why when Im doing a rrinseless wash at say 40 degrees or less it is taking forever for me to dry a panel?

Personally:
I like top189th's above explanation. :props:

is there some science invoved?

Yes, indeed!!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/image895.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/89690)

Bob

RaskyR1
01-15-2015, 10:19 AM
Condensation?

allenk4
01-15-2015, 12:10 PM
There is a direct relationship between the temperature of the liquid and the air it is evaporating into that determines the rate

Raise the temperature of either or both and the rate of evaporation increases

SameGuy
01-15-2015, 12:33 PM
Damn polymers.

Dr_Pain
01-15-2015, 01:02 PM
As water cools, so does the excited kinetic state of its molecule, making the water "denser". I put it in quotation because it is small, but it may be significant enough when combined with the effect of temperature on evaporation (as described before). I would also agree with SameGuy that the polymers may be reacting differently the closer to get to freezing them

Bunky
01-15-2015, 07:06 PM
I believe it is because the air itself cannot absorb as much water so it evaporates much slower. The opposite happens when you cool air, water forms since the air can no longer hold as much.

DogRescuer
01-15-2015, 09:44 PM
Thanks guys