PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything special needed to be done for a rollback tow truck?

DownSouthDetail
01-13-2015, 10:16 PM
I was just contacted by a tow truck company that wants their trucks detailed. Just a wash on the exterior and an interior cleaning. Is there anything special that needs to be done on the exterior, I've never worked on one? She told me that the interiors aren't trashed but are quite dirty and need a good cleaning. What would you charge?

therapy1
01-14-2015, 12:26 AM
Coincidentally I drive a tow truck for my full time job. If the trucks are light duty as in pick up truck cab and chassis or even the bigger style flat bed style it should be pretty straight forward. Just watch out for grease because the moving parts are lubricated frequently and the grease will ruin your wash media. Otherwise nothing to worry about all the lights and stuff are meant to withstand the elements. Just don't be too rough because some marker lights can be knocked loose easily or break if brittle from age. The interiors are usually not carpeted either so I would think that should be pretty easy too. Good luck hope this helps.

DownSouthDetail
01-14-2015, 03:31 AM
Coincidentally I drive a tow truck for my full time job. If the trucks are light duty as in pick up truck cab and chassis or even the bigger style flat bed style it should be pretty straight forward. Just watch out for grease because the moving parts are lubricated frequently and the grease will ruin your wash media. Otherwise nothing to worry about all the lights and stuff are meant to withstand the elements. Just don't be too rough because some marker lights can be knocked loose easily or break if brittle from age. The interiors are usually not carpeted either so I would think that should be pretty easy too. Good luck hope this helps.

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated!

FUNX650
01-14-2015, 08:19 PM
IMO:
AGO forum member cardaddy is the man that would be
most knowledgable on this subject.
Hopefully, he'll post-up.

If not...
I don't think he would mind if you sent him a PM:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/cardaddy.html

Bob