PDA

View Full Version : Rinseless streaking

ct18
01-13-2015, 09:06 PM
I cant for the life of me figure out why i have been battling streaking lately with rinse less. I did my black truck last year with no problems, this year i have a blue streak Dodge. The truck is salty so i rinse at the spray bays to get the heavy stuff off first. The last 2 times i have had to go over with my Pinnacle water less to get the smudges out. What am i doing wrong, using the same ONR as on the black Ford last winter.

The only difference is the Dodge has a coat of Son1c white wax and i will put some Mothers spray wax after a cleaning. I am just a novice, but never had this trouble even doing the rinse less over the fall when i got the truck.

Thanks

aim4squirrels
01-13-2015, 09:14 PM
Off hand...

Temperature - water, car panels, atmosphere,
Concentration of product to water,
LSP - both what's on the vehicle and what might be in the rinseless wash,
Dirt on the vehicle - much different chemical makeup winter vs. summer in many areas of the country,

One or several of these factors could be conspiring to work against you.

Setec Astronomy
01-13-2015, 09:43 PM
Are you using a rinse bucket or just a single bucket?

Blade
01-13-2015, 09:57 PM
The only difference is the Dodge has a coat of Son1c white wax and i will put some Mothers spray wax after a cleaning. I am just a novice, but never had this trouble even doing the rinse less over the fall when i got the truck.Let me get something straight offhand - was the streaking before or after the Mother's spray wax?

top189h
01-13-2015, 10:58 PM
Jmo but I believe it is most likely the lsp not accepting the polymers in the rinseless. I had been fighting Blackfire rinseless and had streaking issues constantly. On other cars with no Lsp or a sealant I've had no troubles with it. On certain carnaubas, I also saw some streaking. I had used tw and onr mainly but I picked up some Meg's rinse free which supposedly leaves nothing behind and I've yet to have one instance of streaking with it or the onr or tw.

wdmaccord
01-13-2015, 11:48 PM
Jmo but I believe it is most likely the lsp not accepting the polymers in the rinseless. I had been fighting Blackfire rinseless and had streaking issues constantly. On other cars with no Lsp or a sealant I've had no troubles with it. On certain carnaubas, I also saw some streaking. I had used tw and onr mainly but I picked up some Meg's rinse free which supposedly leaves nothing behind and I've yet to have one instance of streaking with it or the onr or tw.

I agree with this. Try a different rinseless brand, maybe Duragloss. My first year detailing, I was using BlackfireRW with WD and CS as my LSP then switched my LSP to Coll845 for winter and the BF didn't work well with it and it streaked like you are saying. I switched to DG when I have the Coll845 on and I have no problems.

ct18
01-14-2015, 12:18 AM
i think it may be the lsp because i have a different lsp on wifes car with no issues. i am ordering some DG rinse less to try.

thanks for the help

wdmaccord
01-14-2015, 12:38 AM
i think it may be the lsp because i have a different lsp on wifes car with no issues. i am ordering some DG rinse less to try.

thanks for the help

Grab a bottle of DG Aquawax also (there is AW in the rinseless but I like to have the actual AW around too). Compare it to the Mother's you have been using and see if you prefer one or the other.

Klasse Act
01-14-2015, 02:49 PM
DG is my favorite and you'll love it👍

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

LRC3
01-14-2015, 02:58 PM
I'd try UWW+ but that's just me.