PDA

View Full Version : New Car Advice

mc98gg
01-13-2015, 09:44 AM
Was hoping to get some advice for detailing my daily driver. I purchased a 2013 genesis in middle of 2014. It sat outside at dealership for no telling how long. It's now kept in a garage, but I have done very little for the car since I purchased it (shame on me). The paint looks pretty good, no noticeable defects

I assume a fine clay bar treatment would be wise to do after washing. Will that provide a clean enough surface for an AIO? (was thinking, but not set on dg 105 applied with Blue or Black Hex-Logic pads)

I can't spend all weekend detailing my car, but want to protect it from the good old Florida environment.

Thank you for any suggestions/comments

Belair
01-13-2015, 10:21 PM
Since the paint looks good & there are no noticeable defects then clay and an AIO should work fine for you.

ski2
01-13-2015, 11:45 PM
Since you are concerned with time why not give Wolfgang Uber AIO a shot--cleans, polishes and seals in one step and supposed to offer 6 months of protection. Wolfgang Uber All In One, cleaner wax, all in one polish wax (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-uber-all-in-one.html)

DG 105 is a great product, but really not an AIO in that it has no abrasives for polishing.

mc98gg
01-14-2015, 07:24 AM
Ok, Thanks.
Would Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer followed by Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 be a noticeable difference and worth the time and effort over Wolfgang Uber AIO?

Mike Phillips
01-14-2015, 07:38 AM
Welcome to AutogeekOnline! :welcome:

Half my forum work is just remembering the title of articles I've written so "I" can find them to share in a thread like this... Here you go, wrote it 3 years ago, still just as accurate today.

How To Detail Your Brand New Car by Mike Phillips (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/54451-how-detail-your-brand-new-car-mike-phillips.html)

:dblthumb2:

mc98gg
01-14-2015, 07:55 AM
Thanks Mike. Really appreciate your time and knowledge you share.

Its hard starting out, can't decide to do something a little more than a simple wash and wax, or jump all in, and do my best to produce showroom shine.

Setec Astronomy
01-14-2015, 08:01 AM
I would get something on your black plastic trim before that Florida sun turns it gray. Since you're asking about Wolfgang products, the Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant works really well and is easy to use.

mc98gg
01-14-2015, 09:18 AM
I will definitely add that to my order. Thank you

SuperGlide
01-14-2015, 09:32 AM
For the protection I would use DP Poli-Coat Sealant available here at Autogeek (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-poli-coat-paint-sealant.html)

I bought my 14' Charger in the fall and applied this the next day after washing, claying and polishing. Great protection and beading.

If you don't want to spend alot of time on your car every weekend this sealant lasts up to one year!

WRAPT C5Z06
01-14-2015, 10:00 AM
I will definitely add that to my order. Thank you
Go with ultima trim guard.

mc98gg
03-28-2015, 10:36 AM
Wanted to give an update:
Finally got some free time and detailed the interior of my car. Used Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel and Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant... I echo all the great things you read about the Cockpit Sealant! Not sure how well the cleaner work as the inside was clean, but it was easy to work with and left my hands very soft as others mention.

Have not done outside of car, but I decided to do an extra step or two and do it right. Will probably stick with wolfgang (polish and sealant) they seem to make great stuff.