PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Black on interior

HateSwirls
01-13-2015, 07:32 AM
I tried the Meguiar's Black on an interior I did on the RAV4, in fact I applied it on my wife's RAV.
Have to say it's an awesome product, it's not too shiny and dries completely.

Gives the plastics a deep, rich finish.
I simply add a few drops onto a sponge pad and work the product in, no need to buff off being it does dry.
All for about 10 bucks.

HateSwirls
01-13-2015, 07:36 AM
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w490/vpcajun/20150112_120721_zpsyd35czts.jpg

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w490/vpcajun/20150112_120727_zpsvfgaicpo.jpg

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w490/vpcajun/20150112_120701_zpsypmijycs.jpg

Setec Astronomy
01-13-2015, 07:45 AM
You're talking about the Meguiar's Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer, that's for exterior trim?

That stuff always looked great when you applied it, but never lasted too long for me on exterior trim. Interiors would be a great way to use it up.

HateSwirls
01-13-2015, 12:42 PM
You're talking about the Meguiar's Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer, that's for exterior trim?

That stuff always looked great when you applied it, but never lasted too long for me on exterior trim. Interiors would be a great way to use it up.

Yes,the exterior restore.
May not hold up well on the exterior but works awesome in the interior.
My wife loved it, saying it looked new but not too shiny. :dblthumb2:

allenk4
01-13-2015, 02:30 PM
What exactly is the difference between a product formulated for exterior plastic vs interior?

What do they do/add to make it more durable?

Why don't the make the interior product just as durable?

FUNX650
01-13-2015, 04:40 PM
Could it all just boil down to their resistance,
to the various causes of "free radicals"?

Bob

Joe Tavarez
01-13-2015, 08:31 PM
I heard that Ultimate protectant (spray) and Ultimate black (lotion squeeze bottle) are one in the same and that just the mode of delivery was changed for marketing purposes: interior=spray, exterior=squeeze bottle. So I guess is no wonder it works great in interiors. I have a fully bottle and I might try in the interior also.

9nueve9
01-13-2015, 09:24 PM
Can i use Megs Protectant(squeeze bottle) on exterior rubber parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eaglefan
01-13-2015, 11:49 PM
I just tried Scholl Purple, one dirty door panel. Awesome results. super easy to use. Perfect finish for me. I was skeptical but I was wrong. It is a winner

eaglefan
01-13-2015, 11:54 PM
Yes,the exterior restore.
May not hold up well on the exterior but works awesome in the interior.
My wife loved it, saying it looked new but not too shiny. :dblthumb2:

Is there "Stuff" in the exterior dressing that makes "should only be used on the exterior"? Kind of like UTGP. I don't know what is in it that makes it only for exteriors, but one of the things is the smell. Could be other things in it that we can't smell. I don't know

allenk4
01-14-2015, 12:43 AM
I would be cautious

This is from MOL

Re: Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer

"Yes, this is essentially an aerosol version of Ultimate Black, but the durability is greatly increased. Overspray should be immediately wiped from the paint, but it will come easily if addressed immediately"

The Guz
01-14-2015, 01:27 AM
I heard that Ultimate protectant (spray) and Ultimate black (lotion squeeze bottle) are one in the same and that just the mode of delivery was changed for marketing purposes: interior=spray, exterior=squeeze bottle. So I guess is no wonder it works great in interiors. I have a fully bottle and I might try in the interior also.

Yes they are. Just be careful not to confuse this with the new aerosol version as pointed out by allenk4.

Yes it can be used on rubber.

I would be cautious

This is from MOL

Re: Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer

"Yes, this is essentially an aerosol version of Ultimate Black, but the durability is greatly increased. Overspray should be immediately wiped from the paint, but it will come easily if addressed immediately"

Good point.

HateSwirls
01-14-2015, 06:51 AM

You can but I find it will streak on you after a rain unless to give it a good buffing afterwards.

Desertnate
01-14-2015, 08:51 AM
You can but I find it will streak on you after a rain unless to give it a good buffing afterwards.

Even that might not help. I buff it off to keep the look from being too shiny, but it still runs. It doesn't survive first contact with rain and even in dry weather I've only found it to last a couple of weeks.