PDA

View Full Version : Foam cannon issue/question

theblob640
01-12-2015, 12:09 PM
Hey all, I bought a foam cannon recently and used it on a few vehicles already. The issue I am having is that the foam that is coming out of it is very runny.

I have used it on 2 coated vehicles initially and the foam was runny. I did some research and saw that some people say the foam might not stick as well on coated vehicles. The next week I tried it on a non coated vehicle with the same results.

The soaps I have used so far and only ones I have on hand are CarPro Reset and DG901. Both of them I have used 2 oz and the rest of the bottle filled with water. I have turned the top knob all the way to the left which is the "-" sign, which gives me the runny foam I am getting and all the way to the right which is the "+" sign, which gives me almost no foam at all. The PW I am using is a gas powered one by Homelite with 3100 PSI.

I guess the next thing I can do on my next wash is to do 3oz of soap and the rest water but until then, do any of you guys have any ideas of what is going on? Did I just get a defective unit?

Thanks in advance.

Corey@OptimalDetailing
01-12-2015, 12:24 PM
I can't speak for DG901 but Reset is not a high foam/sudsy soap, 2BM or foam gun. If you want I'll be happy to send your some CG Honeydew Snow foam. I think you'd be shocked once seeing the results of a soap designed for foam gun usage. I usually don't measure how many oz, but I'd estimate anywhere from 2-3oz and I've never had an issue with the thickness of foam/suds produced.

TuxedoTaurus
01-12-2015, 01:27 PM
I have tried DG901 in the cannon and it was a poor performer, great with a bucket wash however. Like you it was very runny even up 4oz in the canister if I remember correctly. Now I just stick with IronX Snow Soap and CG Honeydew(just a couple $$ more than DG). I do have a couple DP Xtreme foam samples I am looking forward to testing out.

So your unit should be fine, I have had the same results.

JMP
01-12-2015, 02:33 PM
I use DP Xtreme foam...3 to 4 oz w/ water about 3/4 to the top....Foam party!

Audios S6
01-12-2015, 03:30 PM
I'd try a different soap as neither you tried are high foamers. honeydew & citrus wash+gloss are both great foamers and relatively cheap.

If you are still having trouble, consider disassembling the unit to service the screen filter. I've had this issue when the filter gets clogged, corroded or is just not quite seated right. It takes about 5 minutes to disassemble and reassemble. I've just left the filter in CLR overnight which cleans it up very well.

CaveRacing
01-12-2015, 03:39 PM
I agree with all of the above and will add that CG Mr. Pink makes good foam in the cannon, too. I use both Mr. Pink and Honeydew.

theblob640
01-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Looks like it might be the soap from what all you guys are saying. I forgot to mention I do have a sample of DP Xtreme Foam that came with the foam cannon so I guess I will try that first before adding more soap to the solution.

Also, to confirm, turning it to the "-" is less water, more foam, and the "+" is opposite, correct?

If anyone else has any other input please let me know!

Thanks again.

TuxedoTaurus
01-12-2015, 04:32 PM
Also, to confirm, turning it to the "-" is less water, more foam, and the "+" is opposite, correct?

If anyone else has any other input please let me know!

Thanks again.

I believe so, I actually don't pay much attention to how I set it. Once I have it going I "adjust on the fly" if you will as I foam the car.

I usually have the valve set for max foam or just a hair off of that.

theblob640
09-11-2015, 06:48 PM
I know this is an old thread but maybe someone can benefit from it. It turns out it is the soap because I bought Megs Hyper Wash and used 3oz and got the results I see in the videos. Thick foam and not runny at all.

Goin Rogue
09-11-2015, 06:55 PM
I used Hyperwash last week.......FOAM PARTY!