PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have overall detailing experience with a Benz cls550?

cartman1
01-11-2015, 07:53 PM
Its a metallic silver color and it's my personal car.

Just looking for tips and what not. I will be using m205 for paint correction. I'm only planning on using m205 even though I know 105 is an option but I think my paint is decent minus all the swirls.

builthatch
01-11-2015, 07:55 PM
Its a metallic silver color and it's my personal car.

Just looking for tips and what not. I will be using m205 for paint correction. I'm only planning on using m205 even though I know 105 is an option but I think my paint is decent minus all the swirls.

i have a palladium silver metallic benz. does yours have a C in the paint code?

allenk4
01-11-2015, 08:39 PM
Close-up pictures in the Sun will give us a better idea of the condition of your paint and make the suggestions more relevant

pikiki
01-11-2015, 09:37 PM
i have a palladium silver metallic benz. does yours have a C in the paint code?

The C on the paint code means is ceramic clear, the question is for a better suggestion on what to do or what to use. I work with MBZ everyday and ceramic clear are lit bit harder clearcoat than normal. If correction is need it the compound to use will be determine by the damage on the paint. Pics will dictate that, under the sun light is easy to capture those swirls marks.

I personally don`t like the idea of using only M205 which is not aggressive enough to correct serious imperfection, just my opinion

I love how Uber compound, fixer and rupes coarse gel works on this ceramic clear

cartman1
01-11-2015, 10:04 PM
It does not have c in the paint code.

I will take some pics tomorrow. I just didn't want to cut with something like 105 unless it needed it. The swirls don't look bad but I'll let you all be the judges

builthatch
01-11-2015, 11:02 PM
The C on the paint code means is ceramic clear, the question is for a better suggestion on what to do or what to use. I work with MBZ everyday and ceramic clear are lit bit harder clearcoat than normal. If correction is need it the compound to use will be determine by the damage on the paint. Pics will dictate that, under the sun light is easy to capture those swirls marks.

I personally don`t like the idea of using only M205 which is not aggressive enough to correct serious imperfection, just my opinion

I love how Uber compound, fixer and rupes coarse gel works on this ceramic clear

right, that's why i was asking him if he had ceramiclear since i have a ceramiclear benz and can offer some advice.

it's not just that it's harder but chasing things in it will result in the hardest part of the clear being breached as Dr. G has stated the super thin ceramic component resides at the very top after cure. i recommend to proceed with caution on colors that don't show damage as easily, like silvers vs., say, black...so you can spare the good stuff. once that layer is breached, that's when i think coating the now soft clear is so much more crucial vs. when the ceramic component is fully intact up top.

believe it or not on my car i've had a lot of success with B&S green and Hyper polish (blue formula).

cartman1
01-11-2015, 11:28 PM
I don't think my car has ceramic clear.

It's my opinion that I want to leave as much of my clear coat on there as possible. I want to strike a balance between removing some of the defects in the paint and keeping most of the clear coat on.

I mean if I use 105 (I know there are other polishers) and take off even more clear coat, yes my paint may look better but I now have less clear coat protecting the car.

If rather get 60% correction with 205 and than 90% or 100% with 105. Part of the reason is that my car is a daily driver and it sits outside at work and at home.

I'm just a newbie though...maybe what I said is not even technically correct but I hope you guys get my drift

pikiki
01-12-2015, 05:24 AM
Well if car is Well protected after polishing what you got out of it will NOT affect the cc,
Hope you get the info you need my man