PDA

View Full Version : Leaf blower choice needed

Pages : [1] 2

Bill1234
01-11-2015, 05:30 PM
I have about 50 dollars to sears and was thinking about getting one of those crusher vacs for leaves. Well with the bag and attachments comes a leafblower. I have an old toro which probably would be a big improvement. However, what is everyones choice here for leaf blowers if they were to be from sears and it must be the blower and vaccum kit

builthatch
01-11-2015, 05:33 PM
I have about 50 dollars to sears and was thinking about getting one of those crusher vacs for leaves. Well with the bag and attachments comes a leafblower. I have an old toro which probably would be a big improvement. However, what is everyones choice here for leaf blowers if they were to be from sears and it must be the blower and vaccum kit

curious what you get.

i love my old Toro. i was tempted by the lithium powered one HD was hyping on TV for a while but then i read the reviews and got the real story lol.

Bill1234
01-11-2015, 05:35 PM
curious what you get.

i love my old Toro. i was tempted by the lithium powered one HD was hyping on TV for a while but then i read the reviews and got the real story lol.

I have a li ryobi, works good for smaller tasks, but I need something to crush leaves. Since I get the blower in the kit, I could use it for the car too.

Rmd
01-11-2015, 05:47 PM
I bought the 12 amp one from Sears. It was about $45. Great unit, lots of blowing power, but I tried to use it the other day and it started for about 1 sec then quit. Did this a couple times. It's only a few months old, so it's going back. Hopefully I just got a lemon because I was happy with it until now.

Sicoupe
01-11-2015, 05:51 PM
curious what you get.

i love my old Toro. i was tempted by the lithium powered one HD was hyping on TV for a while but then i read the reviews and got the real story lol.im with you on the toro, I've had mine for while and works great:dblthumb2:

Bill1234
01-11-2015, 05:56 PM
im with you on the toro, I've had mine for while and works great:dblthumb2:

My toro has been excellent at around 10 years

Sicoupe
01-11-2015, 05:58 PM
My toro has been excellent at around 10 yearsyou definitely got your money's worth BILL:)

cardaddy
01-11-2015, 06:03 PM
I have about 50 dollars to sears and was thinking about getting one of those crusher vacs for leaves.....

I have a li ryobi, works good for smaller tasks, but I need something to crush leaves. Since I get the blower in the kit, I could use it for the car too.

That's hard to say Bill.... :dunno: Just took a gander over at the Sears site and they only have 1 under $50. That'd surely make the choice easy. ;)

I take it from your first post that you are more interested in leaf sucking/mulching than for the car? With that in mind the Sun Joe is built more to where the handle fits for sucking leaves. It even has wheels on the end of the suction tube! :xyxthumbs: Then again.... it's $86.18 (but still less than $89.99 @ Lowes). ;)

What I would absolutely be looking at, (for leaf mulching) is a magnesium impeller over a plastic/nylon unit.

Another thing, whether for leaves or vehicles is not to look at the MPH speed as the total truth in what a 12 amp blower is capable of (as that is strictly determined by the size of the nozzle opening) but instead at the total CFM. That Sun Joe for instance is 450 CFM which is really high compared to most 385 to 400 CFM electric blowers. :dblthumb2:

What I would never do however is use a blower on my vehicle that had been sucking up leaves. :eek: Might break out the weed whacker to clean the tires. :laughing:

Bill1234
01-11-2015, 06:26 PM
That's hard to say Bill.... :dunno: Just took a gander over at the Sears site and they only have 1 under $50. That'd surely make the choice easy. ;)

I take it from your first post that you are more interested in leaf sucking/mulching than for the car? With that in mind the Sun Joe is built more to where the handle fits for sucking leaves. It even has wheels on the end of the suction tube! :xyxthumbs: Then again.... it's $86.18 (but still less than $89.99 @ Lowes). ;)

What I would absolutely be looking at, (for leaf mulching) is a magnesium impeller over a plastic/nylon unit.

Another thing, whether for leaves or vehicles is not to look at the MPH speed as the total truth in what a 12 amp blower is capable of (as that is strictly determined by the size of the nozzle opening) but instead at the total CFM. That Sun Joe for instance is 450 CFM which is really high compared to most 385 to 400 CFM electric blowers. :dblthumb2:

What I would never do however is use a blower on my vehicle that had been sucking up leaves. :eek: Might break out the weed whacker to clean the tires. :laughing:

I can spend over 50. And if I were to use it on the car, I would totally empty the unit to make sure its clean. I will keep that In mind too. I use an older toro to dry my car, but its very low on mph compared to these

VISITOR
01-11-2015, 06:49 PM
either walmart or sears have an electric leaf blower (150mph+) for around $30-$50 which will be just fine to use...

cardaddy
01-11-2015, 06:52 PM
I can spend over 50. And if I were to use it on the car, I would totally empty the unit to make sure its clean. I will keep that In mind too. I use an older toro to dry my car, but its very low on mph compared to these

Oh OK... then if you're looking for the car, try and find the max CFM, period.

That Sun Joe looks like it'd be hard to use on a car because of the way the handle is situated. (But looks like it'd be a heckofa' leaf sucker.) :D

I use a Toro as my dedicated car blower as well. Back when I got it, I think it was close to $80 but was the highest CFM they had. In fact.... I ended up at Home Depot (although I'm more of a Lowes shopper even though we have both here in our little town) because Lowes didn't have one with enough grunt. (Now I see there are some with even more CFM.):rolleyes: :(

Still wouldn't suck leaves with one that blows paint. :eek: I can see something happening and CarMomma asking me how much it cost to repaint (even one panel), then asking me how much I paid for the new blower. :bash:

LRC3
01-11-2015, 07:15 PM
Id check CL.

Always great deals, $50 may get you a $80 piece of equipment.

I've been using my $30 B&D for about 3 years..

Goin Rogue
01-11-2015, 08:12 PM
I use a cheap one I got from Lowe's with a 2 part tube that I shorten when owing off a vehicle.

SameGuy
01-11-2015, 09:03 PM
FWIW, if you're planning on getting an Air Wand, your choice of compatible blowers is limited. I've had miserable experiences with Poulan and their WeedEater brand so I opted to chance adapting it to my existing blower which works well. Yeah, the fitting is entirely different and so far it isn't 100%.

FUNX650
01-11-2015, 10:28 PM
However, what is everyones choice here for leaf blowers if they were to be from sears and it must be the blower and vaccum kit
First off:
I would not recommend any combo
blower/vacuum-"leaf crusher".
(cardaddy did touch briefly upon one reason)

Next:
I personally own the only Sears leaf blower that I would
recommend, and that's their 4-cycle that's pictured below:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/image870.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/89600)

Bob