PDA

View Full Version : Connolly leather care connoisseurs+other ?

spikepaga
01-11-2015, 01:59 PM
Hello everyone;

I know that there are a thousand opinions out there on leather care, and I wanted an objective opinion on how to care for older Connolly leather and newer leather as well

I have 3 Jaguars;

A 1974 E type convertible , recently finished in original Connolly "Vaumol" leather. The seats are 100% leather with no synthetic panels whatsoever.

A 1995 XJS convertible recently finished in "new old stock" Connolly "Autolux" leather. These seats where also made in 100% leather. No synthetic panels whatsoever

A 2004 X type sedan "daily driver" this car has its original upholstery and its your typical synthetic blends with only some surfaces in real leather. The real leather parts are not Connolly and feel hard and low grade.

I have been treating all three cars the same way: clean with Lexol cleaner first, then Leatherique overnight, then pristine clean in the morning.

I don't think that all these leathers warrant the same treatment.

I have send an email to Connolly sales directly to see if they can help me as well.

Any thoughts on how to care for the different finishes???

Thanks!!

cartman1
01-11-2015, 03:10 PM
I've tried leatherique on my car with fantastic results but I've heard leatherique works wonders on everything leather even synthetic stuff. Try it out.

atgonzales
01-11-2015, 05:01 PM
AG carries the Connolley line

Connolly (Hide Food) Hide Care Leather Kit, Connolly Hide Food Leather Kit, Connolly Leather Kit. (http://www.autogeek.net/colecakit.html)

allenk4
01-11-2015, 05:29 PM
Wait to hear from Connolly

David Fermani
01-11-2015, 10:02 PM
Google search "How to clean the interior of a 1963 Aston Martin" and you'll see the process I used to clean/restore the appearance of this vehicle's original Connolly leather.

ScottB
01-12-2015, 06:29 PM
I would stay away from Connolly on finished leather ... David and Mike should be able to help with original uncoated leather and best practices.

spikepaga
01-16-2015, 11:23 AM
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I have not heard back from Connolly,

However I did contact Leatherique and they told me their product is safe to continue using on all the Leathers, even the coated ones, which is what I will do.

Thanks!