PDA

View Full Version : ONR towels

Pages : [1] 2

Charleston
01-11-2015, 01:34 PM
Considering ordering 12 of these for my ONR.

Chemical Guys - Professional Grade Premium Microfiber Towels, Gold 16" x 16" (Pack of 12)

Anyone ever used these for rinse less washes?

I have used them for polish removal, and they seem soft and well built.

(Use 8 on my car for each wash)

KMdef9
01-11-2015, 01:49 PM
Soft, but not that plush. And only 1 side of them should be used IMO. I did use them when I first started using rinseless washes and have since upgraded. I used all 12 for a wash as well.

They're now general purpose towels.

spazzz
01-11-2015, 02:06 PM
I used the same thing last year for rinseless. They work, but the nap gets matted down after a few washes. I use the beaters for tires and wheel wells now. The rag co eagle edgeless are my choice this year.

Charleston
01-11-2015, 09:36 PM
Is there a CG towel people recommend for rinseless?

mwoolfso
01-11-2015, 10:11 PM
I recommend a deep nap MF towels for rinseless washes. CG has good ones and so does Cobra.

01-11-2015, 11:04 PM
Edgeless from Microfiber Tech are great for Rinseless, thick and soft...

cartman1
01-11-2015, 11:17 PM
I just got 6 of the eagle edgeless blue from theragcompany. Are these good for rinseless and also buffing off waxes and polishes?

I ordered 6, is that around how many it takes to complete a normal sized car?

01-11-2015, 11:21 PM
I just got 6 of the eagle edgeless blue from theragcompany. Are these good for rinseless and also buffing off waxes and polishes?

I ordered 6, is that around how many it takes to complete a normal sized car?

Those are good too, the ones from mf tech are a little bit thicker n heavier - I generally use 12-15 towels but that's me and I'd rather play it safe...

Real Riders
01-11-2015, 11:33 PM
Anyone tried these Arctic White towels for rinseless washes?

Arctic White Microfiber Towel, microfiber detailing towel, microfiber cloth (http://www.autogeek.net/white-towels-16x24-6.html)

01-11-2015, 11:42 PM
Shine & Buff Waterless Wash Towel (http://www.autogeek.net/best-waterless-wash-towel.html)

I have these too, nice and thick!

Sherif
01-12-2015, 12:05 AM
Shine & Buff Waterless Wash Towel (http://www.autogeek.net/best-waterless-wash-towel.html)

I have these too, nice and thick!

They are not available (on back order) any where now :( AG, Autopia & MFT

Sherif
01-12-2015, 12:21 AM
Is there a CG towel people recommend for rinseless?

I've had bad experience with CG towels! I ordered 2 of their "Miracle Dryer Absorber Premium Gold Towel 25x36"with my first ever detailing supplies order from Amazon before I know about AG, they were nothing more than a large version of the gold plush towel and didn't do a good job drying the car plus the 2 towels I received were different in size (one was about 3" smaller in both length and width) and different in color as well (one was gold yellow and the other was very light yellow)..
I'm not against CG, I like and use some of their soaps (Honeydew & CW&G) and APC but for towels I think there are better options on AG, MFT or if price isn't an issue, you can get the best towels IMO from Microfiber Madness.

wdmaccord
01-12-2015, 12:25 AM
I like the MFTech 500 or 530 gsm for RW. I use 9 per wash (8 to wash and 1 for damp dry) plus 1-2 waffle weaves.

builthatch
01-12-2015, 12:39 AM
if price isn't an issue, you can get the best towels IMO from Microfiber Madness.

i have a lot of various MFM towels and i think they're tops - definitely super duper nice...but they are just too damn expensive! i was just so fed up with inferior LINTING towels from other places over the past several years that i bit the bullet and went all in with MFM. i've rid myself of all non-MFM towels except i still use OPT glass towels for interior glass and i have a bunch of the ShinePro 600s for rinseless. even though now i'm set, i still feel i paid too much and i think that i probably could have gotten similar quality to some of the towels i have by trying out some of the other Korean towels available nowadays.

off topic - the Incredimitt is worth every penny imo lol

bmwgeek
01-12-2015, 02:16 AM
Isn't it hard to wash all that crap that get stuck on the towels after rinseless wash?