PDA

View Full Version : Getting new windshield/DP glass coating

cc rider
01-11-2015, 01:17 AM
So I got this damn rock that nailed my glass hard last month. I had them try to fix the chip with no luck. So, I will be getting a new windshield. Its now a huge crack along the whole bottom length.I had DP coating on my windshield and I wasnt really that satisfied with it. It seemed to work as well as rainx , just lasted longer. My truck is a 2014. In october,I made sure I cleaned the glass really well with a wash, then with glass cleaner (couple applications). That is all I did to it cause the glass was like new and I didnt think I would have to use a product like the restorer. Well, speeds over 50 or 60, it worked great and all the way till now 4 months later. But, at slow speeds under 50, I had to use wipers. Im thinking I didnt prep it well enough. Maybe the dirt couldnt be seen. Now that Im getting my new windshield what should I do to prepare for it? Its single digits here by the way, so i dont think ill be able to apply it outside, right?

Poormanq45
01-11-2015, 07:49 AM
Whatever you do, make sure OEM glass is used. Not "oem quality". Factory glass will have the manufacturer's logo in one of the lower corners.

cc rider
01-11-2015, 10:18 AM
Yeah iWas asking about that on another ramforum. Iwant to make sure the ram logo is there like u said

01-11-2015, 10:46 AM
When it comes to glass coatings, prep is the key. I used Pbl glass coating, prepped with pbl surface cleanse polish and took an additional step by wiping with IPA. I know temps will affect bonding so keep that in mind - definitely apply inside...

cc rider
01-11-2015, 01:57 PM
Easier said.don't have a garage