PDA

View Full Version : DP Waterless Wash on CQUK?

kuji
01-10-2015, 10:21 PM
Hey everybody, got a quick question. Is DP Waterless Wash compatible with Cquartz? In the product description it says it has no wax, filler etc so since it is a 'pure' WW, then it would be compatible with Cquartz no? Obviously I don't want to interfere with the CQUK's abilities by using something that has wax, gloss etc. eShine Canada: Detailer's Pride Waterless Auto Wash w/sprayer (32oz) (http://www.eshine.ca/detailers_pride_waterless_auto_wash_wsprayer_32oz-1116.php)

Currently I keep a bottle of distilled water and a microfiber in my car for touchups only, ie birdbombs etc, not a full waterless wash. Since its only water it doesn't have any cleaning ability but that's the best I could come up with since Carpro doesn't have anything like that at this time. This isn't an ideal setup for me because pulling out the buckets and hose is sometimes not possible, so I'd like to use a WW thats compatible with CQUK for touch ups or full waterless washes, inbetween regular Reset washes.
I was also considering using Meg's D114, but this is unavailable in Canada and I don't feel like paying extra money to ship it from Autogeek to Toronto.

Apologies if this topic has been brought up before.

If Carpro came up with a WW or QD, many people who have their cars coated with Cquartz and don't have access to water would be pretty happy eg. apartment dwellers. Nudge nudge Avi lol :p

Cheers
Phil

CarolinasFinestDetailing
01-10-2015, 10:54 PM
Been using ONR as rinseless wash & QD on CQ UK for a long time. Many people even use ONR w/ wax on it.

FUNX650
01-10-2015, 11:07 PM
Hey everybody, got a quick question. Is DP Waterless Wash compatible with Cquartz? In the product description it says it has no wax, filler etc so since it is a 'pure' WW, then it would be compatible with Cquartz no? Obviously I don't want to interfere with the CQUK's abilities by using something that has wax, gloss etc. eShine Canada: Detailer's Pride Waterless Auto Wash w/sprayer (32oz) (http://www.eshine.ca/detailers_pride_waterless_auto_wash_wsprayer_32oz-1116.php)

Good idea using a WW product that won't interfere
with CQUK Coating's characteristics! :props:

Currently I keep a bottle of distilled water and a microfiber in my car for touchups only, ie birdbombs etc, not a full waterless wash. Since its only water it doesn't have any cleaning ability but that's the best I could come up with since Carpro doesn't have anything like that at this time.
Water, being "the universal solvent":
actually does have cleaning ability.

But, IMO: it sure doesn't hurt to have some surfactants and a few "polymers" mixed in with the water...and then have a WW/RW-solution.

I was also considering using Meg's D114
This is my favorite.
Too bad it's not available for you, without having
to jump through a bunch of expensive-hoops.

Bob

EVOlved
01-11-2015, 12:08 AM
Kuji CarPro is doing beta testing on a WW product called Ech2o I believe. But you should be fine with the DP one.

Ebg18t
01-11-2015, 10:03 AM
After watching a AG interview (45 min on YouTube) with Meguires where they discussed D114 & D115 I am more hesitant that I was before. The Macguires guy talked about using D114 for body shop prep and stripping wax, etc. I thought his comments were a little interesting since I thought it was milder product.

I would feel better with the DP WW.

Here's the YouTube link: [ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cICbdJocUI4"]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cICbdJocUI4[/video]

FUNX650
01-11-2015, 11:10 AM
After watching a AG interview (45 min on YouTube) with Meguires where they discussed D114 & D115 I am more hesitant that I was before. The Macguires guy talked about using D114 for body shop prep and stripping wax, etc. I thought his comments were a little interesting since I thought it was milder product.

Keep in mind there's a huge difference in the dilution ratios between D114 being used as a rinse free wash product, and making it to be as a body-shop/Wax-stripper product.

Bob

jmsc
01-11-2015, 12:32 PM
Have you tried Poorboy's Spray and Wipe?

Its a product advertised without any/not too many additives.

kuji
01-12-2015, 11:47 AM
I just want something that is garunteed to not leave any polymers or wax behind that would mess up the characteristic's of CQUK. The main thing I like about CQUK is the anti static capabilities. Previously whenever I would wax the car, the next day it would be covered in dust and that dust would stick to the paint. But with Cquartz, dust will settle on it, but as soon as you drive, all the dust is gone. That's probably my favorite part about the coating, and by using a WW/QD that could screw it up, that defeats the purpose of the coating. That's like the debate of waxing over Cquartz.

Cheers
Phil

WRAPT C5Z06
01-12-2015, 12:04 PM
I just want something that is garunteed to not leave any polymers or wax behind that would mess up the characteristic's of CQUK. The main thing I like about CQUK is the anti static capabilities. Previously whenever I would wax the car, the next day it would be covered in dust and that dust would stick to the paint. But with Cquartz, dust will settle on it, but as soon as you drive, all the dust is gone. That's probably my favorite part about the coating, and by using a WW/QD that could screw it up, that defeats the purpose of the coating. That's like the debate of waxing over Cquartz.

Cheers
Phil
The older formula DP WW had no gloss enhancing agents. The new version does. Not sure which one eshine carries. Poorboy's Spray n' Wipe has no wax or gloss enhancing agents. It would be a good choice.

eShine Canada: Poorboy's Spray and Wipe (128oz) (http://www.eshine.ca/poorboys_spray_and_wipe_128oz-1821.php)

kuji
01-13-2015, 02:13 PM
Well as long as eshine is advertising the DP correctly, then it should still be the old formula. Either way it doesn't matter to me weather it is a DP product or a Poorboys product; as long as it doesn't interfere with Cquartz.

Cheers
Phil

WRAPT C5Z06
01-13-2015, 09:09 PM
Well as long as eshine is advertising the DP correctly, then it should still be the old formula. Either way it doesn't matter to me weather it is a DP product or a Poorboys product; as long as it doesn't interfere with Cquartz.

Cheers
Phil
Highly doubt they still have the old formula in stock. It's been gone for a while. Use Poorboy's Spray n' Wipe.

kuji
01-14-2015, 04:01 PM
Highly doubt they still have the old formula in stock. It's been gone for a while. Use Poorboy's Spray n' Wipe.
Just did some reaserch and it appears that you are right. So Poorboys it is! Or atleast until Carpro comes out with their Ech2o :D

Cheers
Phil