PDA

View Full Version : Arrgh Not so touchless

Detailingdoc
01-10-2015, 06:44 PM
So its been too cold to wash my car and its been a few weeks and there is quite a bit of road grime on my car. I usually go to a coin op and just spray what I can off but they had all the nozzles turned off.

Their drive through was however was still open. It said or I thought it said Touch Free. I pay my money drive into the wash the bay door closes behind me, the initial spray soap starts then I start to see these big blue brushes coming towards my car. All I can do is sit there and listen to the torture of the brushed beating against my paint.

I drive my car home to examine the damage and its worse than I thought my essentially flawless paint which I polished and coated with Pinnacle Black label has been marred to hell in just one wash some of it pretty severe in a few areas.

I cant believe people use those things. Sorry I had to vent

:nomore: drive through washes for me. Only coin op from now on and only in the most dire of circumstances.

Just02896
01-10-2015, 07:30 PM
Reading this makes me cringe! Lesson learned I guess.

Britsdaddy
01-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Time for rinseless in the garage. I know your pain as I look at the truck covered in salt right now

Detailingdoc
01-10-2015, 08:43 PM
Yea what I meant to say was that I took my car to get the majority of the more built up grim off my car before I took it home to do a rinseless wash in my garage. I rarely have enough grim built up that I feel a rinseless isnt safe but have been really busy and out of town so I hadnt washed my car in almost a month.

I made a mistake and paid the consequences.

Oh and I had just polished and coated it last Fall

Kamakaz1961
01-10-2015, 08:43 PM
ouch sorry to hear that

jsgntulok
01-10-2015, 09:38 PM
I think something like that would give me nightmares. I really can't remember the last time I used a car wash of any kind.

Desertnate
01-12-2015, 09:38 AM
People think I'm nuts, but several times I have parked my car and walked into the "touchless" car wash first just to see what may be lurking in the bay.

Even for a true touchless I'll take a look at what it looks like. There is one near my house that my wife frequents, but it's really old and all the jets are set high off the ground. Great for her SUV, but the most of the water shoots clean over the top of my car. I go elsewhere.

wdmaccord
01-12-2015, 10:52 AM
That sucks! You should find the owner and tell them they don't have a "touchless" wash and they need to change the sign. Sad thing is, most people don't care.

Dr_Pain
01-12-2015, 11:20 AM
I will now have nightmare for days of seeing that rotating wheel of death coming towards my truck.... thanks!!