PDA

View Full Version : Critics

scrubs147
01-10-2015, 06:43 PM
So, today I was compounding an RV that was heavily oxidized. I have my rotary out, wool pad and I am using Presta Super Cut compound which removes 600 grit sand scratches. The end results are fabulous.

There are some contractors working next door and one of the workers comes over and says he has been detailing for years. He tells me that if I use "Revive" glaze and polish than I wouldn't need to do any compounding as Revive is a wipe on and wipe off product for heavily oxidized gel coats.

First question: is this "Revive" that good?

Second: who else has experienced critics like this who have made claims about a product that works like magic?

g35_coupe
01-10-2015, 09:16 PM
Is this what he was talking about? Revive Paint Car Polish for Showroom Mirror Finish Shine (http://www.chemicalguys.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=GAP_101_16)

Kamakaz1961
01-10-2015, 09:31 PM
What? What you are doing is fine IMO. How else are you going to polish without elbow grease? Maybe he thought he could remove the scratches/swirls with mind control....LOL

FUNX650
01-10-2015, 09:34 PM
First question: is this "Revive" that good?

Second: who else has experienced critics like this who have made claims about a product that works like magic?
•If I use products that give me the results I'm looking for:
Then I don't fret the critics!

-Doesn't mean that their product suggestions are to be totally ignored (unless previous experience with their suggested products dictates otherwise)

•For example:
-I'd bet that there are many AGO-ians that have never before, until this thread, even heard of Presta Super Cut compound.

Bob

Kengo123
01-10-2015, 10:52 PM
its best to let the know-it-all critic types win an argument as a business owner