PDA

View Full Version : Reintroduction - 1st Car wash

mactube
01-07-2015, 01:29 PM
Hi, I'm sure nobody missed me in this big forum ...
but I'm glad to be back with a brand New Chevi Camero which doesn't need any buffering or anything yet ( unlike my last car I was on here with, which gave me so much trouble, that It wasn't even worth detailing anymore ... so I unfortunately I had to spend more time on the repair form than on here:doh: )

Now my first question : I'm getting ready for my first car wash...
Since we know that most brushes of drive though car washes cause micro scratches and the people who work at a hand car wash don't really care for your paint neither ... and wouldn't rinse of dust before using a rag and and leave the dust under the rag like sand paper when they first start the wash... I decided to do all car washes myself ....
Whats the best way to preserve brand new paint ?
Should I always high pressure rinse all dust off before washing?
even though it might just be light dust form a "couple" of days?

AZ Mike
01-07-2015, 02:26 PM
Here is a link to a collection of Mike Phillips articles. Car washing is down the page a ways. Lots of good information. Look at rinseless and waterless washes.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/23722-car-detailing-articles-mike-phillips.html

blown03
01-08-2015, 07:17 AM
I always do Coin op Blow offs with my summer car even if is just a little dust. I can put the minimum amount of coins in , as in doesn't cost 5bucks + each time . I'm partial to UWW+ as rinse-less w/ same as pre soak for each panel . I am also partial to AGO's " Koala " wash mitt . Hope this helps some .

mactube
01-13-2015, 02:30 AM
@blown03 ther is a lot of abbreviations in you post so I will have to look most of it up but I get the idea !

I think it def. makes sense to a least rinse dust off when its visibly heavy dust that can cause scratches .

Toda I just used a detailer since there dust was very light.

Question : What kind of rag are you guys using to dry the car off after washing it? If I use a microfiber rag , I have to still go over it again with a detailer or i will see streaks .