PDA

View Full Version : buying an extractor and a steamer cananda

ffizzard89
01-05-2015, 10:34 PM
hey new to the forum , just wanted to get some pro tips on buying an extractor for carpets and a steamer for cleaning the other parts on interiors. im limited to what I can get here in Canada because of border fees and shipping. looking at getting a combo of the mytee firebird and mytee lite ii 8070. im not a full time detailer but I do it quite often and this spring I want to get into more of the interior work. thanks in advance

ffizzard89
01-06-2015, 02:57 PM
Feed back pleaseplease just don't want to waste money

SameGuy
01-06-2015, 03:10 PM
Check the Costcos in your area online, the "special demonstrations" section or whatever they call it. The Dupray One Plus was on a super special at Costco leading up to the holidays, but only at each location while they were doing the demos. It looks like a fantastic household steam cleaner that would work very well for a non-pro detailer. That said, many of us here are using the McCulloch MC1385 steam cleaner for exactly the same purpose at roughly one quarter the Dupray One Plus' special price at Costco.

whavens
01-06-2015, 03:46 PM
I bought the McCulloch 1385 right after Christmas. For the money, I think, it is a decent steamer. I have not tried the Dupray, but if I ever change from a weekend detailer to a professional, I would probably move up to the Dupray and let my GF have the McCulloch. I got mine from Amazon for $148.

ffizzard89
01-06-2015, 06:02 PM
thee 1385 I cant find here in Canada