PDA

View Full Version : P21s vs Autoglym HD wax

kar1zma
01-05-2015, 02:29 AM
i am going to a professional detailer in a few days
to have my red car done. its in bad shape im going for a full package and the detailer has recommended me to go for a hard wax to protect the car

he has two choices P21s and autoglym HD wax
i wanted to go for the P21s but he dosent have it in stock

i dont mind the autoglym but i have been recommeded to avoid
autoglym products

please advice if should i go for it or not.

EVOlved
01-05-2015, 03:30 AM
Your going for a full package and he doesn't offer you some type of coating or a long lasting sealant? Honestly I would steer clear, but that's me.

Take it with a grain of salt all of us here have a slight obsession with this hobby/job.

FUNX650
01-05-2015, 08:04 AM
Why would it be recommended to avoid Autoglym products?

Bob

Kamakaz1961
01-05-2015, 10:27 AM
I have both waxes and I am a little confused as to why he would say to avoid Autoglym. IMO it is a great wax. The 2 he recommends are excellent waxes. Why would he say to avoid Autoglym?

I would go with caution with this person...it just doesn't make sense.

Bob (FUNX725) is correct.

DaHen
01-05-2015, 01:42 PM
I used Autoglym HD Wax on my son's red convertible and looks great. I do recommend Autoglym for your red car.

swanicyouth
01-05-2015, 05:15 PM
Something about this thread is reminding me of the Churchill Mk VII (Britain) vrs the Tiger I (Germany).

While the British tank will likely give you better protection, the 88mm high velocity gun in the Tiger I could knock out almost anything that came near it, but the British 6 pounder or 75mm gun lacked the punch of its German rival. Hmm.

Churchill's were plagued with mechanical failures, as were Tigers due to their overt complexity. Overall, armament thickness was close with the edge probably going to the Churchill, but the Tiger was an easier tank to maneuver. The Tiger was just a faster tank with a better gun. I'd have to go with the Tiger I.

Or, P21S.

WAXOFF
01-05-2015, 07:17 PM
I have 2 jars of Autoglym HD Wax. I think it works fine.

Finemess
01-05-2015, 07:25 PM

:iagree: Easy to work with and great beading.

kar1zma
01-06-2015, 01:38 AM
Your going for a full package and he doesn't offer you some type of coating or a long lasting sealant? Honestly I would steer clear, but that's me.

Take it with a grain of salt all of us here have a slight obsession with this hobby/job.

he said he used all meguiers products and the P21s or HD wax is an additional service not included in the full package. i will be paying extra for it

i live in a country where we dont have real professionals for detailing. and big joints like ziebart cost an arm and leg and i dont even know if they have trained people for the job

Why would it be recommended to avoid Autoglym products?

Bob

I have both waxes and I am a little confused as to why he would say to avoid Autoglym. IMO it is a great wax. The 2 he recommends are excellent waxes. Why would he say to avoid Autoglym?

I would go with caution with this person...it just doesn't make sense.

Bob (FUNX725) is correct.

a friend who owns a detailing shop told me to avoid autoglym
but since he dosent clay the car im avoiding his place and his advice

I used Autoglym HD Wax on my son's red convertible and looks great. I do recommend Autoglym for your red car.

I use Autoglym HD Wax on my car . I recommend Autoglym 's red car ... http://chocobar.cf/12/g.png

my red SRT needs some love i have neglected it far too long
looks like ill go with autoglym

:iagree: Easy to work with and great beading.

thanks for the advice ill try it and take some before and after pics for your comments on the work

Romach
01-06-2015, 03:00 AM
I live in the UK and can confirm that the cheaper autoglym polish products leave a lot of white powder residue but the HD polish and wax don't!

They are like chalk and cheese!

I gave up on autoglym when my father in law did his X6 and I spend a weekend cleaning out the panel joins and every rubber seal while cursing under my breath that someone could use crap products after being advised do not put that polish on your car please!!!

Argh my blood pressure is back up again!!

kar1zma
01-06-2015, 01:28 PM
thats interesting to note
wonder why that happened

Rsurfer
01-06-2015, 01:47 PM
I would have him polish it out and order some Opti Gloss from AG and DIY. You do realize that P21S or Autolym will only last a couple of months..on the other hand, Opti Gloss will give you up to 2 years of protection and washing will be a snap.

Lowejackson
01-13-2015, 08:16 PM
Not used HD Wax and only the original P21S wax (Wack Chemie). I have however used most of the AG range and would suggest they are all high quality products. For example SRP (AIO) has been voted polish of the year on Detailing World for the last 3 years.

Use whatever products you wish but do not be put off by Autoglym products.