PDA

View Full Version : Rhapsody So-Smooth

Bootlegfab
01-04-2015, 08:09 AM
A buddy of mine has had a case of this stuff for years and swears by it. He gave me a bottle and I use it on my chrome from time to time. It doesn't appear to have any wax in it and I've been trying to get him to at least use a decent spray wax on his black Harley. Problem is, his bike looks GREAT! Very wet looking and excellent beading. Now while I know better I'm curious...anyone know anything about it? 31855

conman1395
01-04-2015, 01:51 PM
While you know better?? Meaning what? You make it sound like it's a bad product but state it works really well. Per Mike Phillips: find something that works and use it.

Bootlegfab
01-05-2015, 12:51 AM
So basically you know nothing about it but felt the need to reply. I know the old advertisements for it claim it contains no wax so I question its actual ability to protect. I don't claim to be very smart, especially compared to some on here so I asked out of curiosity. I've asked two questions on this forum which I thought would have gotten some kind knowledgable reply and I've received smart ass replies to both...what gives?

conman1395
01-05-2015, 02:30 AM
Didn't intend for it to be a smart ass reply. You are correct, I don't have experience with this product. My comment was based off of the where you said "Now while I know better"
The point of my reply, was this:
I assume (probably incorrect to do so) you are new to detailing. Many people on this site, me included, use "high-end" products and I know that I personally went through a phase where I believed only products from online were worth using. I know better now a believe many "lower end" products are very, very good. I guess I could've said more literally, "Don't be snooty about products because they aren't high end".
I really didn't mean to be offensive, sorry if I seemed to be.

Bootlegfab
01-05-2015, 02:41 AM
Well I owe you an apology as well Sir...I shouldn't have replied like that. I do get where you're coming from and I use a mix of OTC and mid range stuff. Just bought my first Blackfire products in an attempt to branch out from using mainly Adams. I was just curious as to wether anyone knew WHAT it was or HOW it worked. I shouldn't have said "I know better" as its my go to product for windscreens, lenses, and a wipe down product but only after a decent sealant is down on my daily driven bike. My friends bike which gets washed with auto zone brand car wash and dried with this somehow ends up looking better 9/10 times. I've been helping local kids learn about detailing and am always looking for affordable/OTC/bulk products to point them in the direction of as for some it's the only stuff they can obtain.

Edit: I've been detailing my own run of the mill vehicles and a local gentlemans high end garage for about 15 years, but only as a hobby/side job. 95% of what I know has come from reading autogeek.

EVOlved
01-05-2015, 03:06 AM
My guess is it is some type of spray sealant (a.k.a. Quick wax). Google search turned up nada. Give it a shot!

Bootlegfab
01-05-2015, 03:09 AM
I've googled it to no end with no luck lol. It doesn't do ANYTHING for even the lightest scratches so I'm guessing you're exactly right. It sure sheds water like no other.

conman1395
01-05-2015, 03:33 AM
Don't worry about it!
Here's what I found
Wipe-out Systems SEALANT & PROTECTANT,auto wax,auto polish,rv polish,paint polish,clear coat polish,enamel polish,gelcoat polish,vinyl protectant,upholstry protectant (http://www.wipeoutsystems.com/sealantprotectant.html)