PDA

View Full Version : DP Glass coating fail on windshield

SSStang
01-04-2015, 02:56 AM
OK so about a month ago I purchase and applied DP paint, glass, and wheel coating on my wives New 535I BMW. I Used DP paint prep on the entire car. After a few weeks the windshield stop sheeting and beading? So after washing the car I just applied Hydro2 to the windshield(was a cold day). That failed after a week. The other windows on the car still bead and sheet fine just the windshield and not only in the wiper path.

I love the way DP coating is holding up on everything else on the car but just the windshield.

Plan to clay windshield and hit it with my griots with a orange pad and the DP paint coating prep and reapply the glass coating. Might be better products to prep but that what I have.

Maybe I did prep it good enough or it doesn't like my windshield washer fluid.
Any advice?

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
01-04-2015, 05:38 AM
I've had a similar experience with DP glass coating. It just doesn't last that long once you use your wiper blades. I would try 2-3 applications and see if you get better longevity.

SSStang
01-04-2015, 07:10 AM
Thats what I figured but its the entire windshield not just the path of the wiper blades.
I just finished reapplying it and going to top it with another coat of DP glass coating to see how long it will last this time.

Thanks!

PA DETAILER
01-04-2015, 12:24 PM
ODD. Never had a issue with it. One of my faves. Lasts months for me. I did not even prep that good. Glass was in good shape to begin with. I used a foam pad to apply.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
01-04-2015, 01:48 PM
Hydr02 most likely didn't last due to prep and prior coating.

JHL88
01-04-2015, 02:39 PM
IME DP glass coating will not last very long for a car that sits outside 24/7 and uses its wipers often.

On the other hand, my truck sits in a garage during the day and I try not to use my wipers much and its lasted me a very long time.