PDA

View Full Version : Low solvent or no solvent waxes (paste)

Pages : [1] 2 3

lkotsios
01-03-2015, 03:47 PM
Which ones are they?

PiPUK
01-03-2015, 04:24 PM
If it didn't have solvents then it would have water as a carrier, so it would be a different class of product.

PiPUK
01-03-2015, 04:40 PM
What you can get is low or zero voc products. Rather than being solvent free, they use solvents which are less of an environmental concern. There won't be many about which get the zero count.

lkotsios
01-03-2015, 04:46 PM
What you can get is low or zero voc products. Rather than being solvent free, they use solvents which are less of an environmental concern. There won't be many about which get the zero count. Which ones are they?

PiPUK
01-03-2015, 04:57 PM
Which ones are they?

Couldn't tell you. They would almost certainly market themselves so a Google might tell you. If anyone is manufacturing in california, they would be a good place to start.

As a rule, lower voc content will compromise performance but this can be recovered, albeit at quite notable cost.

Kamakaz1961
01-03-2015, 05:16 PM
I think all the "Jeweling" waxes are low solvents. Pinnacle Sourveran, Dodo Juice, Poorboy's Natty's Waxes, Sonax 100% Carnauba, P21S 100% Carnauba, Blackfire Midnight Sun, Vics Red. I could name quite a few others, but these IMO are low solvent waxes and are great "show car" waxes.

All have low VOC content (Volatile Organic Compounds).

I hope this helps.

lkotsios
01-03-2015, 05:37 PM
I think all the "Jeweling" waxes are low solvents. Pinnacle Sourveran, Dodo Juice, Poorboy's Natty's Waxes, Sonax 100% Carnauba, P21S 100% Carnauba, Blackfire Midnight Sun, Vics Red. I could name quite a few others, but these IMO are low solvent waxes and are great "show car" waxes.

I hope this helps.
How about regular p21s?

Kamakaz1961
01-03-2015, 05:44 PM
How about regular p21s?

I have their brochure as I bought P21S 100% Carnauba Wax from AGO during their Christmas Sale and from reading their brochure P21S and their products are "eco" friendly. Based on that I think it meets the "low solvent" criteria. Either way they are all great waxes.

I think you are looking for a "jeweling" wax not a cleaner/Wax or a hybrid wax. They seem to be low in solvents. I have most of the ones mentioned in the previous post and a couple of more. All are great!

lkotsios
01-03-2015, 05:52 PM
I have their brochure as I bought P21S 100% Carnauba Wax from AGO during their Christmas Sale and from reading their brochure P21S and their products are "eco" friendly. Based on that I think it meets the "low solvent" criteria. Either way they are all great waxes.

I think you are looking for a "jeweling" wax not a cleaner/Wax or a hybrid wax. They seem to be low in solvents. I have most of the ones mentioned in the previous post and a couple of more. All are great!
Tell me more about "jewling wax" I am not familiar with this term.

FUNX650
01-03-2015, 06:12 PM
What you can get is low or zero voc products. Rather than being solvent free, they use solvents which are less of an environmental concern. There won't be many about which get the zero count.
Aren't "Volatile Silicones" substitutes/alternatives for solvents?

Bob

FUNX650
01-03-2015, 06:28 PM
Which ones are they?
RE: "Low solvent or no solvent waxes (paste)"

Why do they have to be in the form of a "paste"?

Bob

PiPUK
01-03-2015, 06:30 PM

I hope this helps.

What is low?! If you take out solvent, what are you putting in its place?

How have you concluded the above to be low solvent?

lkotsios
01-03-2015, 06:32 PM

Bob
I enjoy applying pastes to my car I think its theraputic.

PiPUK
01-03-2015, 06:32 PM
Aren't "Volatile Silicones" substitutes/alternatives for solvents?

Bob

Absolutely but at 10 times the cost and nowhere near the flexibility. It is hard to get the hydrocarbons out without extending the cost or compromising performance.

PiPUK
01-03-2015, 06:34 PM

Bob

Out of interest, what are we meaning by paste? We are talking about solid wax, sold in pots... Not thick creamy liquids?