PDA

View Full Version : DP Poli-Coat (new formula) - experiences?

The Critic
01-02-2015, 04:55 AM
A very generous AGO member (fly07sti) loaned me a bottle of the DP Poli-Coat sealant (new formula).

I have a car coming in tomorrow for a basic wash/clay/seal. My usual go-to is Optimum Opti-Seal, but I am curious about the DP Poli-Coat product. For a wash/seal, I wouldn't mind a product that has better filling capabilities. ;)

I have experienced with the old version that came in a while bottle, but not the new one.

So, tell me about the new DP Poli-seal -- durability, appearance, ease of use?

Thanks!

The Guz
01-02-2015, 06:09 AM
I used it on my mom's car back in October. Here is the review I did for it. I will be giving it a maintenance wash this weekend to see how it is holding up.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/dp/86016-dp-poli-coat-paint-sealant.html

HateSwirls
01-02-2015, 06:52 AM
I love it, Nick was nice enough to send me a bottle to try.
Once got it I washed my then GMC, clayed, polished.
I applied half of the hood with Wolfgang Glossy Paint Sealant and the other half with the DP Poli-Coat.

Really no difference in gloss, the paint popped after polishing , that's how paint really shines, the Wolfgang Paint Sealant side was a tad smoother but not by much.
When I did it I was going to see if one outlasted the other but I sold the truck two months later.
The beading looked the same to me.

Bottom line, the DP sealant is good, in fact I still use it at time on lighter colors, whereas on dark colors I use the WG.
Once I'm out of the WG I'll finish up the DP sealant before buying more of the two.