PDA

View Full Version : Tires and Wheel Well Dressing

Joshua312
03-09-2006, 08:39 PM
What are you guys using for tire dressings and wheel wells? I am currently using Bold N' Bright for tires but Im loking for something more cost effective to use since I wash my car so often and love to dress trim/tires/wheel wells. Also Im looking for something to use in the wheel wells.

ScottB
03-09-2006, 08:56 PM
What are you guys using for tire dressings and wheel wells? I am currently using Bold N' Bright for tires but Im loking for something more cost effective to use since I wash my car so often and love to dress trim/tires/wheel wells. Also Im looking for something to use in the wheel wells.

http://www.autogeek.net/mg40128.html or http://www.autogeek.net/sttishcaof12.html

not what I use, I prefer more gloss so I use Bright/Bold or Pinnacles Tire Gel no matter the cost. But hard to beat a gallon of Megs that will do both (tires/wells) for 30.00 before discount. Prefer something glossier, Stoners is not bad at 50.00 for case prior to discount also.

MasterShineBoy
03-10-2006, 01:17 AM
If you like gloss try Megs NXT extreme shine! It is also in a can for ease of use, no wiping and no sling.

MasterShineBoy
03-10-2006, 01:40 AM
http://www.autogeek.net/mg40128.html or http://www.autogeek.net/sttishcaof12.html

not what I use, I prefer more gloss so I use Bright/Bold or Pinnacles Tire Gel no matter the cost. But hard to beat a gallon of Megs that will do both (tires/wells) for 30.00 before discount. Prefer something glossier, Stoners is not bad at 50.00 for case prior to discount also.

Max,

Why don't you carry Megs Hyper Dressing, it is part of their pro-line?

ScottB
03-11-2006, 08:10 AM
Max,

Why don't you carry Megs Hyper Dressing, it is part of their pro-line?

you would have to ask Bob (Max) or Jason .... I dont get to choose the products, but a healthy request just might see it on the site.

Scott

98bmw323is
03-12-2006, 12:21 AM
Bright/Bold or Pinnacles Tire Gel will those work well on wheel wells too?

ScottB
03-12-2006, 12:30 AM
Bright/Bold or Pinnacles Tire Gel will those work well on wheel wells too?

to expensive in my opinion to use that way. Look for a cheap can of aerosol protectant and use as possible. Stoners More Shine Less Time works well, and 5.00 a can. I usually get 6 weeks from a can with two cars, and washing each twice weekly. Just remember to use in an area with no wind, or prior to waxing/sealing the paint. These buggers travel well and seem to love the finish. A QD will remove any overspray quickly. I prefer little bursts versus one continous spray as it wastes to much and easy to overapply.

98bmw323is
03-12-2006, 12:47 AM
is their any wiping/rinsing after applying it or is it just kind of a spray and leave it?

ScottB
03-12-2006, 01:05 AM
is their any wiping/rinsing after applying it or is it just kind of a spray and leave it?

spray and go ... drys quite quickly. If you use a leaf blower to dry car, remember to blow the wheelwells first.

MasterShineBoy
03-12-2006, 02:13 AM
Make sure the surface is dry or the product will not have any chance of adhering to the surface.

Detail_Guy
03-12-2006, 08:47 AM
Make sure the surface is dry or the product will not have any chance of adhering to the surface.

Absolutely!

I seem to on a Mothers "kick" lately, but I really do like the new FX Tire Spray. It is easy to a apply (a lotion), leaves a nice shine (not a crazy shine), and is very durable.

Mr. Clean
03-12-2006, 10:36 PM
I use BnB for both tires and wheel wells. I like it better for the wheel wells than AA because it is easier (read less messy) to use (spray vs aerosol) and attracts much less dust. If it is seems too expensive, try a) buying the larger size container (ie. gallon vs 32 oz. or 32 oz. vs 16 oz.) and/or b) dilute it.

GearHead_1
03-13-2006, 01:05 PM
I've got a lot of Mothers Detailing Spray laying around. I just spray it on and walk away. Doesn't last forever but if the weather is decent it gets me through to the next wash.

Mr. Clean
03-13-2006, 02:51 PM
I've got a lot of Mothers Detailing Spray laying around. I just spray it on and walk away. Doesn't last forever but if the weather is decent it gets me through to the next wash.
Are you referring to Showtime, Mother's QD?

GearHead_1
03-13-2006, 02:58 PM
Yes, I know that this isn't the ideal product for the job but it works fairly well and I have like 7 bottles of it sitting around.