PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with drips using Rinseless?

Supergus1
12-31-2014, 12:54 PM
So here's the hypothetical scenario: I've just washed my truck with Meg's 115. I've done the final wipe down and I get 115 dripping out of the side mirrors, trim, etc. I can't let the 115 dry so I don't have time to blow out the crevices. If I do use a blower then I end up with streaks of 115 everywhere that end up drying. Do I:
1. Blow out the crevices on the entire truck and then try to wipe off all the residual 115 before it dries, OR,
2. Just let it be and then deal with the dried streaks with a QD?

I've never used a WW so I'm trying to plan ahead. Maybe I'm overthinking this but I will undoubtedly encounter product (thats not supposed to dry) running out of the crevices. Thanks.

builthatch
12-31-2014, 01:03 PM
blow it out of the crevice and then immediately blot with a plush drying towel. spot to spot. that's what i do, but i'm using a different brand rinseless. not sure if that makes a difference in terms of how fast it dries (or not) after blowing it out. i also find that using a good plush drying towel can help prevent most of this from the start if you know the areas where the rinseless will drip from, you can press the towel against the area and wick the moisture into the towel from the crevice. my wife's Audi has several areas like that.

SameGuy
12-31-2014, 01:09 PM
Can't wait for the MM Dripnets!

wdmaccord
12-31-2014, 01:54 PM
I have the same problems with mirrors, door trim, and cracks between bumpers and quarter panels. In the winter, I don't worry about it. I'm more anal in the summer and will blow out each crack/crevice after I finish the entire vehicle. In the summer I use BFRW, so I will blow out the crack, wipedown with BFPS, then final buff with a dry WW. I have the mirrors that swivel too, so I'll swivel those open, until the next time I drive it, to let that area dry out better.

Supergus1
12-31-2014, 08:30 PM
At least I know I'm not the only one to recognize that this can be an issue. Thanks for the advice!

KMdef9
01-01-2015, 03:12 PM
Open and close the doors several times. Shakes alot of the water out and is quicker than pulling out the blower.

I swear my liftgate holds water for days...

allenk4
01-01-2015, 04:50 PM
Blower in right hand

Towel in left hand

Blow the water out of the crevice, directly into the towel

This technique will NOT work with the towel in your right hand

Kamakaz1961
01-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Blower in right hand

Towel in left hand

:iagree:I use the Metro Sidekick for that. Works real good. As for any dry spots or dried marring that's where I use a QD to remove the dry spots. Works great.

conman1395
01-01-2015, 05:59 PM
Blower in right hand

Towel in left hand

Just curious, why will it bit work in your right hand?

conman1395
01-01-2015, 06:44 PM
Supposed to be not work instead of bit work.