PDA

View Full Version : Quick Guide to Product Purchase

jem7sk
12-30-2014, 04:06 PM
There is another sale now here at AOG. I caught the black Friday sale and thought I had got everything but forgot a couple of items... could have saved a little as that one was 25%.

Is there a thread or guide here that has a list of most needed Detailing Items that a person could go through to make sure they have the basics?

wdmaccord
12-30-2014, 05:05 PM
That would be a huge and confusing list as everyone has their favorites for each category. If I were to start a general list it would go like this:

-decon wash
-clay (fine, medium, etc)
-iron & tar remover
-compound
-medium polish
-finishing polish
-paint sealant/coating
-quick detailers/drying aides (spray wax)
-metal cleaner/polish/hi-temp sealant (chrome, etc.)
-leather cleaner
-upholstery cleaner
-leather conditioner/protectant
-upholstery protectant
-all purpose cleaner
-glass cleaner
-trim sealant
-tire dressing
-undercarriage dressing
-rinseless wash
-2BM car wash shampoo
-various MF (mitts, towels, etc.)
-paste wax
-plastic UV sealant for headlights, tail lights, etc

hard goods:
-machine buffer
-pads for machine buffer
-spray bottles & trigger sprayers
-foam hand applicators
-MF hand applicators
-air dryer (metro blaster, sidekick, etc)
-buckets and grit guards
-foamer
-extractor for carpets/upholstery
-funnels/measuring cups

I'm sure I missed some things, but hope this helps you find some categories you might be missing.

L Gunnar D
12-30-2014, 05:36 PM
There is another sale now here at AOG. I caught the black Friday sale and thought I had got everything but forgot a couple of items... could have saved a little as that one was 25%.

Is there a thread or guide here that has a list of most needed Detailing Items that a person could go through to make sure they have the basics?
If you can afford it without raiding the kids' college fund you need it. All of it. I say that as an amateur n00b who just had his car-detailing epiphany (born-again car detailer) less than a year ago, with only two unremarkable daily drivers in the household.

I've jumped on every sale AG (and a few other online retailers) has had this holiday season, and each time I've said "enough's enough already, no more!", but then they drop me another email and I realize there are products out there that I didn't even know existed that I can't live without.

I tried hiding it from my wife until I found out she was bitten by the same bug and we had ourselves a good laugh. Needless to say we have the shiniest 2005 Ford Explorer and 2014 Hyundai Tucson on the block.

wdmaccord
12-30-2014, 05:37 PM
If you can afford it without raiding the kids' college fund you need it. All of it. I say that as an amateur n00b who just had his car-detailing epiphany (born-again car detailer) less than a year ago, with only two unremarkable daily drivers in the household.

I've jumped on every sale AG (and a few other online retailers) has had this holiday season, and each time I've said "enough's enough already, no more!", but then they drop me another email and I realize there are products out there that I didn't even know existed that I can't live without.

I tried hiding it from my wife until I found out she was bitten by the same bug and we had ourselves a good laugh. Needless to say we have the shiniest 2005 Ford Explorer and 2014 Hyundai Tucson on the block.

This sounds familiar...:laughing:

jem7sk
12-31-2014, 04:59 AM
That would be a huge and confusing list as everyone has their favorites for each category. If I were to start a general list it would go like this:

-decon wash
-clay (fine, medium, etc)
-iron & tar remover
-compound
-medium polish
-finishing polish
-paint sealant/coating
-quick detailers/drying aides (spray wax)
-metal cleaner/polish/hi-temp sealant (chrome, etc.)
-leather cleaner
-upholstery cleaner
-leather conditioner/protectant
-upholstery protectant
-all purpose cleaner
-glass cleaner
-trim sealant
-tire dressing
-undercarriage dressing
-rinseless wash
-2BM car wash shampoo
-various MF (mitts, towels, etc.)
-paste wax
-plastic UV sealant for headlights, tail lights, etc

hard goods:
-machine buffer
-pads for machine buffer
-spray bottles & trigger sprayers
-foam hand applicators
-MF hand applicators
-air dryer (metro blaster, sidekick, etc)
-buckets and grit guards
-foamer
-extractor for carpets/upholstery
-funnels/measuring cups

I'm sure I missed some things, but hope this helps you find some categories you might be missing.

This is actually perfect! Something like this should be sticky'd somewhere here. Would make AOG more money at checkout. Now I have a list that will prevent me from missing anything :xyxthumbs:

Now it is 25% and no minimum free shipping. Im the MAN

spewking
12-31-2014, 05:58 AM
Awesome list of categories

+1 vote for sticky