PDA

View Full Version : Checking in from Houston

JOHNofLBR
12-29-2014, 03:06 AM
Hey guy my name is John. Long time lurker first time posting. Im originally from Northern Ca, currently living in Houston TX. I Been into cars since I was a kid and been using Zaino products for over 10 years now. I started using Meguiar's Ultimate line for a few years now since otc was much easier to get. I just recently got into paint correction. I paint cars as a hobby so wet sanding and compounding is important to me. Ive learned a lot from reading and hope to meet some of you guys in person one day.

Equipments I have...

10" paint massager
Griot 6" with a few no name foam pads
Meguair's 5" backing plate with their line of thin foam disc
Meguiar's DA power systems
3" backing plate that I use with my drill
5 gallon/5 horse shop vac
decent size are compressor (need it for the paint gun)
pressure washer
On order are some denim pads and MF pads.

Products I have...

Zaino Z2, Z5, ZFX, Z6 QD, Z7 car wash, Z8 finally spay, Z9 & Z10 leather care, Z16 tire lotion, Z18 clay bar

Meguiar's Ultimate Compound/Polish/Wax(liquid and paste)I have a bunch of other otc products too but those are my go to stuff
M105/M205/M34/ M26(Paste, haven't used yet)
When I was involved in car shows I would only use high quality towels from Zaino but now I have about 100 Costco yellow one. They meet my needs, not looking for perfection anymore. Cant beat 36 for $15.99

I actually don't have any experience with a carnauba finishing wax,just cleaners. I like Zaino Product a lot, but there were a few minor things that bothered me. I didn't like that fact I had to add ZFX to the 2& 5...I never made the right amount. So either I have to mix more or I have extra. It sucks when u have some left but not enough to do the whole car. I love Z6 and Z16, I hear DG921 is the same as Z6 so Im gonna give them a try. Still looking for a replacement for Z16, maybe Meguiar's hyper dressing?

Cars I have...

My Guinea pig is my DD, a black 2005 Mercedes CLK500
Black 2015 Mercedes ML350
Silver(for now) 2004 Nissan 350Z
Black 2004 Dodge Viper
Black 1991 Acura NSX
Black(for now) 1968 Camaro that wouldn't start anyone =(

I have some extra black paint and clear from my last project so if someone local want me to paint to a hood or something for as a test panel, I would he more then happy to do it. I’m out of primer but we can pick that up for pretty cheap. You can practice wet sanding after I'm done with it LOL. Just trying to give back =)

Mike Phillips
12-29-2014, 07:56 AM
Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

Black 1991 Acura NSX
Black(for now) 1968 Camaro that wouldn't start anyone =(

2 very cool cars...

:dblthumb2:

JOHNofLBR
12-29-2014, 08:43 AM
Thanks Mike, don't be too disappointed in me. I have been neglecting them. The 68 was up and running until about 2 years ago its got Hit(and run) on the driver side door. So I didn't drive it for over a years and now it won't start. So it been sitting collecting dust. But thats actually next project, get her running and repainted. Thats how she sits today =(