PDA

View Full Version : New Optimum Polisher

Pages : [1] 2 3

ski2
12-27-2014, 08:58 AM
Apparently this is the new Optimum Polisher LINK REMOVED PER TERMS/CONDITIONS OF FORUM

It will come with both a 5" and 6" backing plate and has been in use in Australia for a year to work out the kinks. Motor was upgraded for more power and unit is rubber coated.

Audios S6
12-27-2014, 09:31 AM
Repost. Looks to be the ANSI model, same as the DAS and another one available in the US that will remain unnamed for the sake of AG rules.

On another note, in the recommended videos it looks like autobrite is carrying the max shine version now.

With these clones now available in numbers, it will be interesting to see the durability of more than the handful in circulation now.

ski2
12-27-2014, 03:00 PM
On another note, in the recommended videos it looks like autobrite is carrying the max shine version now.

I think you're right--at about $250 US. MaxShine makes the GG 6 -- sure wish someone would start importing the MaxShine unit to the US. If it's as reliable as my Griots it should be a great polisher.

VISITOR
12-27-2014, 09:03 PM
griots needs to come out with one of these already with their own little touch, kinda like what they did with the 3rd gen GG6. the price could be justified because they offer a good warranty with great customer service and you wouldn't feel like you're getting ripped off like some other company that has no customer or product support...

custmsprty
12-27-2014, 09:16 PM
What a total rip off of the Rupes machine. So much for patents. I personally would never knowingly buy any machine or product that another company blatantly ignores the inventing companies patents. And I'm a proud owner of three Rupes machines.

VISITOR
12-27-2014, 09:27 PM
What a total rip off of the Rupes machine. So much for patents. I personally would never knowingly buy any machine or product that another company blatantly ignores the inventing companies patents. And I'm a proud owner of three Rupes machines.

good read here and some excellent points made from both sides of the spectrum...
New Optimum DA (http://www.autopia.org/forums/car-detailing-product-discussion/179164-optimum-da.html)

custmsprty
12-27-2014, 09:31 PM
good read here and some excellent points made from both sides of the spectrum...
New Optimum DA (http://www.autopia.org/forums/car-detailing-product-discussion/179164-optimum-da.html)

It should say new ansi rip off of Rupes machine. In my humble opinion, as far as ripoffs of patents and particularly this type of product made in China their are no valid points. Sure I buy stuff made in china, only because I have no other choice or option. If I did I darn sure wouldn't and I'd pay a little extra too! I can say this, I pick up every item I intend to buy and look where it's made before I buy it.

swanicyouth
12-27-2014, 09:31 PM

I agree. I dunno. This machine probably works fine. But something about having "the original" just appeals to me. Too bad a company like Optimum is selling a knock-off type machine.

I mean, it's not like a Rupes is $8,000. It's like three hundred and some dollars. Why would someone buy a knock off to save a few bucks? I could see buying Craftsman ratchets since they're like $19.99. But, if they were $89.99 and you could get on from the Snap-On truck for a buck ten - wouldn't you just get the Snap-On????

These "knock offs" have been tested and they are not as smooth. The Rupes offers a system that can follow up wet-sanding with foam pads. They have polishes and pads that work well and make it a not brainer.

What does the "knock off" offer? A few $ in savings, made in China, little to no support... Will it eventually shake itself apart because it's not as balanced as the Rupes due to the big throw?

Who knows???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

custmsprty
12-27-2014, 09:33 PM
I agree. I dunno. This machine probably works fine. But something about having "the original" just appeals to me. Too bad a company like Optimum is selling a knock-off type machine.

I mean, it's not like a Rupes is $8,000. It's like three hundred and some dollars. Why would someone buy a knock off to save a few bucks? I could see buying Craftsman ratchets since they're like $19.99. But, if they were $89.99 and you could get on from the Snap-On truck for a buck ten - wouldn't you just get the Snap-On????

These "knock offs" have been tested and they are not as smooth. The Rupes offers a system that can follow up wet-sanding with foam pads. They have polishes and pads that work well and make it a not brainer.

What does the "knock off" offer? A few $ in savings, made in China, little to no support... Will it eventually shake itself apart because it's not as balanced as the Rupes due to the big throw?

Who knows???

Well said. If you own a Rupes just take a look at the counter balance, it's machined. Look at a PC's it's cast. And that piece is super important for smooth operation. That's just one example of quality and you get what you pay for.

VISITOR
12-27-2014, 09:48 PM
It should say new ansi rip off of Rupes machine. In my humble opinion, as far as ripoffs of patents and particularly this type of product made in China their are no valid points. Sure I buy stuff made in china, only because I have no other choice or option. If I did I darn sure wouldn't and I'd pay a little extra too! I can say this, I pick up every item I intend to buy and look where it's made before I buy it.

off topic of brand - i love my GG6 (made in china) and it's based off the PC7424. the PCXP would be my last choice if i had to purchase a traditional style DA, as it's outdated and there are better choices available these days...

btw.. it's too bad flex didn't come out with one of these large stroke DA's, i would feel more comfortable purchasing one from them because they have a repair facility here in the states which dates back many years ago (their QC is a little better IMO). but then again, if they felt the need to come out with one, they would of already and i don't think they will anytime soon if at all...

swanicyouth
12-27-2014, 09:58 PM
Maybe we need a Flex rip off? A Chex.

custmsprty
12-27-2014, 10:00 PM

How about a chix, it comes with a Bavarian St. Pauli Demo Girl!!!!
Oh yeah!! I'd polish that!

VISITOR
12-27-2014, 10:03 PM

eh, probably not. don't need to with the flex's forced rotation, power, and quality tank build... :props:

geekdout
12-28-2014, 12:23 AM
Maybe I just don't get it or I am missing the point of these large throw DAs. I just don't see the advantage of it, I mean I do understand it might be able to correct a little faster over a standard DA. I do have to admit I have only used a Rupes 15 for a few hours but after spending a lot of time behind a Flex DA it just didn't appeal to me.

Maybe someone can chime in and tell me the advantages of larger throw DA.

Zubair
12-28-2014, 12:07 PM
Wow the power of a Flex and the throw of a Rupes and cheaper than both, its a no brainer these are gona be flying off the shelves!