PDA

View Full Version : Mytee Lite 8070 II Problems

Pages : [1] 2

BMGz33
12-26-2014, 06:23 AM
Hello there autogeekers.... My name is Christian, I bought my mytee lite 8070 II (6/2012)....

I got the machine with intentions of starting a small detailing business but only ended up using the machine on the weekends as a hobby/maintenance machine for my own cars, it only cleaned/touched 3 of our cars for 2 years... 2003 Nissan 350z, 2012 Toyota Sienna with 15k miles (almost never driven)... 1990's toyota corolla (daily)

I ordered the machine from detailing dot com (sorry if this against ToS here on AGO)

Initially when I got the machine I was more than satisfied with it.... It cleaned everything almost with no effort in all honesty.... after about 3-4 months the machine seemed to lose pressure to inject the hot water, I never thought anything of it... Fast forward to today and the machine has been sitting for the last 3 months. The pressure is almost no existant to what it used to be when I first bought it....

I emailed Mytee and searched online recently for similar problems with other people and seemed to find the same thing with their machine...

Mytee I believe now wants me to take it to a service center to get it checked out but I can almost assure it won't be free because they didn't even try to troubleshoot things with me at all...

I shelled out $700+ for a machine that lasted only about a year or so, I would have thought products in this price range would have been reliable/durable now a days....

Anyways just a reference thread for those who want to buy a Hotwater extractor, stay away from Mytee....

I will keep you guys posted on what they say, Thank You

Paul A.
12-26-2014, 08:07 AM
My Mytee clogged up in the air line and suffered the same issue. I simply flushed it out with my air compressor. Took a few good "blows" but came back around.

Setec Astronomy
12-26-2014, 08:11 AM
Are you using any cleaner in the solution tank, or just plain water?

There is some maintenance required to keep the solution line from clogging, particularly if you have hard water or are using detergent.

You might want to try this:

Mytee System Maintainer for Carpet Extractors (http://www.autogeek.net/mytee-carpet-extractor-maintenance.html)

Paul A.
12-26-2014, 08:46 AM
And at $7 a bottle, great advice. Thanks Setec!

Mantilgh
12-26-2014, 10:33 AM
You'd be amazed to see how much junk is in normal tap water. I am on a well and have hard water. When we burn wood for heat, we put a large pot of water on the stove on low to put some moisture back it the air. When the water level drops in the pot you can see all of the scale left on the side and in the bottom of the pot. Pull off the washer supply lines and there will be little chunks of sediment in the little screens back there. Your steamer will do the same as the pot. It will remove the water as steam and leave most of these "dissolved" minerals behind in your tank. We usually use a filler pichter or one you hook up to the faucet. I have a whole house filler, but have never hooked it up.

Pureshine
12-26-2014, 02:36 PM
Mytee warranty is crap and so is there customer services. There old stuff used to be good all I ever hear is people having problems with them and their products. The new extractor I bought has a five year warranty on all parts,motor and pump.

VISITOR
12-26-2014, 10:46 PM
all I know is if and when I do buy and pro-grade extractor, I will look elsewhere and not purchase a Mytee. it's really sad when you spend $100's of $'s and have to worry about any warranty or customer service if it arises. pretty sad indeed...

BMGz33
01-08-2015, 07:25 PM
Got a reply from a Mytee Rep, they said I'm outside of the 1 year warranty time period so any type of repair at a service center is all on me..... so yes like others have said before, Mytee's warranty/customer support is almost non existent for the $700+ the consumer pays....

Within the first couple of months the suction hose that connects to the upholstery tool at the neck came halfway apart so I had to tape it together to keep suction until I contacted them about it and were kind enough to send me a replacement which ended up having the same exact problem lol

Anyways to those that are looking for an extractor, please think about it twice when looking at Mytee products....

As to clearing the line, I still have their maintenance solution to run through the system which I will try here on the weekend and I will update you guys whether that clears up my troubles.... but Mytee's customer service/warranty already left a bad taste with me

Anywho, anybody have a suggestion for reliable extractors? Just saw chemical guys released a new extractor in conjunction with Durrmaid... its the 1700 Watt version I believe

SATMAN40
01-09-2015, 06:24 PM
I have a Mytee Stinger, maybe 15 years old, plus a ROTOVAC head,

spray the cleaning solution on the carpets, Use only clean water in the machine.

Mytee parts are still there and the company is still answering the phone.
We do 100 rental properties a year, when college kids move out...

I also use it on my vehicles...

I also have a Mytee Steam Cleaner, bought from AG a few years ago.

We did rebuild the heat unit in the Stinger 6 years ago, but still going strong,

Mytee is at the ICS convention in Vegas and a committed company, not a fly by night.,,

Pureshine
01-10-2015, 01:54 AM
I have a Mytee Stinger, maybe 15 years old, plus a ROTOVAC head,

spray the cleaning solution on the carpets, Use only clean water in the machine.

Mytee parts are still there and the company is still answering the phone.
We do 100 rental properties a year, when college kids move out...

I also use it on my vehicles...

I also have a Mytee Steam Cleaner, bought from AG a few years ago.

We did rebuild the heat unit in the Stinger 6 years ago, but still going strong,

Mytee is at the ICS convention in Vegas and a committed company, not a fly by night.,,

Yours is 15 years old when they where made much better than what there making now. Companies change after 15 years and not always for the better.

VISITOR
01-10-2015, 02:03 AM
Yours is 15 years old when they where made much better than what there making now. Companies change after 15 years and not always for the better.

You bring up a good point. It sometimes seems that (for example) the first batch of power tools are up to the highest standards for the (customer/company) and then after a while when they are mass produced over the years, the quality starts to go down...

AutowerxDetailing
01-10-2015, 03:05 AM
What's with all the hate on Mytee customer service? I have a 5+ year old HP 60 that just recently stopped building water pressure. Mytee actually referred me to an awesome online distributor that sells individual components for the pump system in case I didn't want to replace the whole pump. I ended up just buying a whole new pump anyway, and at a cheaper cost than the "Mytee" brand unit. They seemed very helpful in my limited interaction with the customer service rep.

Sent from my N9810 using AG Online

tpr1634
01-10-2015, 07:36 AM
I like my unit honestly I don't use that much, I did have the same issues I did deal with mytee customer service they instructed me what to do. The problem in my case and probably most is just a lack of use. I used clr and compressed air to clear things up. They are not bad machines however things do go bad, just flush the system to prevent any clogging.

SATMAN40
01-10-2015, 10:29 AM
Tell me about it, I am 73, and a lot slower.but I still own the properties, I do hire the work out, and things do not get done as fast As they should.

But they stil get done, and I have see a lot of fly by night type leave a lot of properties no taken care of.

I remember when Mike Philips was giving his class away, and this company was just starting, lot ofJanator supplies sold Mytee products, and still do.

jwollam
01-27-2015, 12:01 AM
I'm experiencing the same issue as the OP, so to my understanding a good dose of CLR through the system, and compressed air to blow out the solution line?
Preface:
I've owned my machine about a year now, I've used it about 6 times. I've used mytee's solution twice now, both times following their instructions.
Is there other parts of the machine that I need to take apart to get the pressure back? I've got a few details lined up for February and would really like to get my machine back up and running.

Thank you!