PDA

View Full Version : How to keep frame/suspension looking good!

Pages : [1] 2

cwienk
12-25-2014, 10:19 AM
Hey all, I have a 2012 F350 and I keep the truck very well maintained and the paint in good condition. The only part of the truck that seems to be slacking is the visible parts in the wheel wellss of the frame/Suspension front and back. I look at alot of these peoples truck who have their trucks professionally detailed and these areas are always "slick" looking like someone has just put a coat of tire shine on it. I was looking to gather some info on what if any product that people on here use for such a cause.

Thanks in advance!! Merry Christmas!

Finemess
12-25-2014, 10:38 AM
This works good, they use to sell it in smaller bottles thou.

Griot's Garage Undercarriage Spray, Griots Garage Undercarriage Detailer, Underbody spray (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-undercarriage-spray-128.html)

davidc
12-25-2014, 11:24 AM
This

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2269_67874316

Dave

WAXOFF
12-25-2014, 12:19 PM
CG Barebones.

Roger T
12-25-2014, 12:23 PM
The suspension pieces on my Corvette are aluminum, I cleaned and polished everything and then sprayed with clearcoat.

The wheel wells get cleaned each detail and sprayed with under-carriage detailer.

Roger T

Thenissanguy
12-25-2014, 12:24 PM
CG Barebones.

use this on my trucks wheel wells and i get atleast a month of shine:xyxthumbs:

custmsprty
12-25-2014, 12:30 PM
CG Barebones.

:iagree:

cwienk
12-25-2014, 01:15 PM
you guys are awesome! you ever use the bare bones as tire dressing?

davidc
12-25-2014, 01:25 PM
I have read this quite a few times on different sites about CG Bare Bones which is why I use Sonus, this is a cut and paste from one of those.

I’ve used this product before. It’s not impressive. It gives a good shine (as you’d expect from any oil based product) but durability is unacceptable, especially once it goes through rain. Adam’s undercarriage product is much better.

Anyone using the Adam's ?

Dave

allenk4
12-25-2014, 01:40 PM
The answer depends on your expectations

You can use an undercarriage spray like Bare Bones or Griot's Undercarriage Spray on even a dirty wheel well and it will look much better

Clean the WW first and the result will be even nicer looking

If you want a result that looks the best and lasts the longest, you have to invest more time and $

In my opinion, the best looking, longest lasting option is CarPro DLUX

Unlike the "dressings", DLUX does not attract or hold dust, it makes clean-up a breeze and lasts for months. Gives a clean, not greasy look.

cwienk
12-25-2014, 01:43 PM
The answer depends on your expectations

You can use an undercarriage spray like Bare Bones or Griot's Undercarriage Spray on even a dirty wheel well and it will look much better

Clean the WW first and the result will be even nicer looking

If you want a result that looks the best and lasts the longest, you have to invest more time and $

In my opinion, the best looking, longest lasting option is CarPro DLUX

Unlike the "dressings", DLUX does not attract or hold dust, it makes clean-up a breeze and lasts for months. Gives a clean, not greasy look.

i dont necessarily have a dirty wheel well, especially for a truck however the time it would take to apply DLUX into the the small crevices in all 4 wheel wells would be extremely long. I like the wet look, but i also dont want something oily that will attract dirt/dust etc.

davidc
12-25-2014, 02:18 PM
i dont necessarily have a dirty wheel well, especially for a truck however the time it would take to apply DLUX into the the small crevices in all 4 wheel wells would be extremely long. I like the wet look, but i also dont want something oily that will attract dirt/dust etc.

I would think DLux would be an expensive application. I agree with the no dust attraction but Sonus has that also. Did my frame and engine a year ago and it did get some dust driving on dirt roads but the dust also washed off and cleaned well, back to the way it looked when initially applied. The only drawback for Sonus was waiting for it to dry.

Dave

TuxedoTaurus
12-25-2014, 02:55 PM
I sprayed some megs tire coat in the wells, and all I have to do is hit with a pressure washer to clean. It has lasted since August with weekly/bi-weekly washing. You can use any OTC tire coat aerosol. Just do not use on a windy day. To avoid over spray I sprayed on disposable applicator to apply to the wheel well edges. Cheaper and easier to apply than Dlux, and last longer than a dressing.

allenk4
12-25-2014, 03:03 PM
DLUX

I didn't say it was easy

I didn't say it was cheap

I did say it is the best

I would definitely suggest Sonus MK over the others that have been suggested, due to it not attracting dust. Follow the directions explicitly, for best results

davidc
12-25-2014, 03:22 PM
DLUX

I didn't say it was easy

I didn't say it was cheap

I did say it is the best

I would definitely suggest Sonus MK over the others that have been suggested, due to it not attracting dust. Follow the directions explicitly, for best results

Right on all counts, can't argue with reasoning

Dave