PDA

View Full Version : New black Ram 1500 crew cab. HELP!

Chase361
12-25-2014, 06:54 AM
Hey guys getting my new truck on Sunday morning. I ordered pinnacle black label paint coating but I'm trying to see if there is some thing else that I can put on that will protect the black paint from swirl marks. I live in az and just don't want to wash the car my self so I go to a car wash and get them to hand wash. Any ideas on come thing that will protect the black paint or do I HAVE to wash by hand?

Bunky
12-25-2014, 07:05 AM
Congrats on the truck.

If you do not want to wash it yourself (assumes you know how to do it right as well), find yourself a local detailer who can wash it properly. If you get a maintenance agreement (sign up for multiple washes) you may be able to save some money. The local hand wash place may or may not do it right...for example, do they use the same mitt and drying towels on all the vehicles, etc.

Keeping the paint protected makes it is easier to clean so less risk if you wash it properly.

Chase361
12-25-2014, 07:56 AM
YA I thought of that but me hiring someone to come and wash my car just makes me feel like a lazy ass haha. Maybe I should get pinnacles exterior cleaning kit and just suck it up. I had a 08 black Mazda 3 and did the car washes and it was horrible after a year. Would that pinnacle black label paint coating be the same as the c quarts or opti coat?

Chase361
12-26-2014, 05:21 PM
Any one?

Belphegor
12-26-2014, 08:35 PM
With a coating, you should be able to easily go to the coin op and pressure wash your truck using the rinse setting and have little above surface contaminants left. Invest in 2 buckets, some grit guards and a couple good wash mitts.

Look up Mike Philips' thread on how to wash using the two bucket method for some pointers. Do your research on how to properly dry your vehicle also.

I would strongly advise you stay away from any hand wash or brush type drive through car wash. Trust yourself or a reputable detailer to keep your new tuck looking sharp!

custmsprty
12-26-2014, 08:45 PM
Learn to live with swirl marks. Sorry, but that's the reality of it no matter what you put on it if you're going to relegate the washing of it to someone else.

LRC3
12-26-2014, 09:59 PM
Exchange it for white or silver FAST, you've been warned...... Lmao

If I ever own another black vehical again, someone gave it to me!!!

Black + anal owner = part time job. To add insult to injury, it's FULL SIZE.

Nomadsto
12-26-2014, 10:19 PM

Gotta agree here! If your at all sensitive to swirl marks, black just aint for you. Beyound that to answer your ?. I'd suggest.... Dont let the dealer wash or otherwise prep the piant. Get 1 of the top coatings on it asap. Then use rinsless products, 30 - 45 min a week and your good.

allenk4
12-26-2014, 11:05 PM

+1 on Full-sized

I may purchase another black car, but it will likely NOT be a full-sized SUV